Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. norbs

norbs New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for that.

2. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Is it possible to only record telemeter with the app (without the showing the realtime information)?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can just run the app in the background if you want? You don't need to have it on a screen if you don't want. If that's what you mean?

4. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Of course I can do that but it's a waste of cpu usage in a limited system. I only want to record telemetry to analyze after the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree. Me too I only use it to analyze telemetry. Even when we put it in the background, SM still reads and computes all kinds of things, it just doesn't display it. It'll be great if we can set it to not to do all that when we don't need to display.

6. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    If you just want to log telemetry, then the best way is to the edit the layout in the options,
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Layout-Editor
    clear the layout and just leave one empty element.

This way the gui will be blank. 90+% of the CPU usage is of the app is from UI refreshes ;)
    All the background stuff, like telemetry loging, or reports creation, will still work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks
    But seems I'm not the only one one who thinks something like a command line option or an icon action next to the close button at the botton only for telemetry saving will be useful.

Edit: is the layout stored in a specific file I can backup and restore?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  8. ruuddenis

ruuddenis New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was just looking into this fantastic telemetry tool myself, and I noticed there is a option to save and load layouts (bottom of screen). So you could start by saving the default layout somewhere, so you can restore it later if you want to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I can add a "Pause" button next to the close button, which will pause the UI refresh. I will also try to make the application self-pause when minized :)

10. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant! Thanks

In fact editing the layout is, as you said, very easy and I can keep the tyres info and some basic data.

Also your app is very efficient and only uses <1% CPU
    Keep the good work!

11. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seeing an issue with S2 times in ACC, as you'll see not reporting correctly.

Attached Files:

• s2.png
      s2.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Is it that sector 2 times are visible for drivers in pits, or is it something else?

The times will not match with ACC times, that is because the ACC doesn't provide realtime sector timing. You get sector times only when a whole lap is completed which is not sufficient for the app. So the app does sector timing by its own timer. This is more complicated by the fact that ACC telemetry doesn't provide information in which sector the car currently is, so it is not possible for the data to know when sector changes.
    The app currently uses a simple method that a sector is 1/3 of the track distance.

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out. I've reworked the records overview, now you can browse all tracks, froms all simulators.
    Selecting a track will display all records for that track, grouped by class and ordered by lap time. Opening the overview while in session will preselect the simulator and track.

SecondMonitor_zxAz4hTOl4.png

Also the UI is now pausable, and will also auto-pause when minimized. :)

It took like bit longer, because few weeks ago my computer decided it had enough and departed for silicon heaven. But I'm back up and running. And thankfuly the GPU survived :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    A small update was pushed, while it contains no changes it to functionality, I was able to find a better chart rendered, thus the performance of charts in telemetry viewer is much improved (atleast for me :D ), with lower memory consuption :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doing a team event, are you able to add a column for the car number?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  16. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Can you explain the meaning of these values on column "pits"?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      379.1 KB
      Views:
  17. Haunted

Haunted Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The time it took from pit entry to pit exit / and in the pitbox itself

• Like Like x 2
  18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but it will most likely only work for ACC and F1 games, as only those expose that kind of information

Haunted already explained those :) You can change it in settings if you would like pit entry -> exit time, or just the actual pit stop, or combined (as it is above).

Pit entry to exit is usefull when trying to figure in what postion, roughly, you will return. The actual pit stop time is usefull to figure out what opponents did during pit stop (i.e. did changed all tyres, or just one axle).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pawulon

Pawulon New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, is it possible to include (optionally) rating (here I'm talking about R3E ranked rating) in .xls reports? I mean, I don't think you can now, but could this be a possibility in the future?

20. M.Stein

M.Stein New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Could we get a pre- or suffix for the report names in which sim they where driven? i drive a lot of ACC and R3E and when i want to look at the ACC ones i have to look at the car/track combos to know which sim it was played in

• Like Like x 1