Problem SIMAGIC Pedals Binding

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by robertopoz, Oct 27, 2021.

1. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OK so now I am at begging stage to get the Simagic pedals to work. I have tried everything I can think off and every suggestion on the forums. Please help

2. shamarop

shamarop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the problem have soft.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As previously mentioned the set that were sent to the Devs worked out of the box.. I'm not sure what else they can do at this point.

My only advice would be to use Vjoy to set up a virtual controller and map that in game instead. You can map the virtual controller 1:1 with the pedals so any changes you make in your pedal software should still go forward to the game. If your PC can see the pedals through the usb controllers panel then it should work just fine.

4. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Mate i understand what you're saying but it's not really the point. From the multitude of people posting here and on FB, reddit, steam, having the Devs just plug in and it works is not really a solution. An analogy would be if 10 people jump out of an plane and 9 parachutes fail but the guy who made the parachutes lands ok, would you call that acceptable and what else can he do.
    Surely a set of pedal that just work in every sim and racing game I have tried work accept for RRE there has to be something not right.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    How exactly would you have them solve the problem when they aren't experiencing the problem?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well firstly I would be asking the question on the forums or inviting those with issues to Discord to find out exactly what procedures are being followed. I would then gather the information from a group of people (does not have to be large) and have data sent that I am sure they can collect to see if there is a similar thread to the issue.
    Sorry but I just can't abide by the "we are not having the issue (on one system) so it mustn't be a problem" statement.
    There obviously is a problem otherwise people, including myself have nothing to gain by asking these questions if there is not problem.
    I have purchased just about every piece of content from RRE and have enjoyed the sim for many years. I decide to purchase hardware that adds to my system having it work on the four main sim that I use yet RRE just won't work. Again I am not the only one so don't you think that it is viable that there is an issue, it's not a conspiracy of a group of 50 to 100 people have decided to get together just to generate a lie based on boredom. I have better things to do.
    It would be nice if there was some kind of response from the devs not just one or two people who do not have the hardware and have no investment in the issue. I am sure that if you had an issue with say your wheelbase and i got on here and said I'm not having an issue yet I do not have the same base as you, you would find my responses to be out of line.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, kinda like that... If the problem is "we can't reproduce the issue on our machines so we have nothing to work with" there's still an option to work with people who do have this issue.

I know that devs or beta-testers tried it. Apparently it didn't help. If the devs gave up on that, then the reason for that would be different, like "we don't have enough time/manpower to find the issue this way" or "there's not enough people who have this issue to properly narrow down the cause" or "people we worked with didn't have enough knowledge to do what's needed", or whatever. If it's the former then it really is over, but if it's either of the latter then there's still something that can be done...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  8. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OK after months of begging and trying to get information I finally figured out how to get the Simagic P2000 pedals to work with RRE. What a task.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    How about sharing how

Andi

10. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well seeing that I was not getting any support other than a couple of smug comments I feel it is my duty to be the nice sausage and let you know what i had to do to get this to work.
    So here we go, it was a dark night in September, the moon was peaking through the clouds casting an eerie shadow over Raceroom and my P2000 Pedals. It was time to don the get the F**K over it cape and figure this out.
    Unfortunately this was a bit drastic. This is Windows Pro 64
    Step 1. Completely erase Windows and everything on the drive.
    Step 2. Reinstall Windows
    Step 3. Complete All updates
    Step 4. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Software. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
    Step 5. Install Sim Manager from Simagic, once installed it may auto start and you may get an error VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSCVCP140.dll. Don't worry about this just hit OK and let the software close
    Step 6. Install Steam
    Step 7. Install Raceroom through Steam
    Step 8. Make Sure the Steam Redistribution installs, which it should
    Step 9. Launch Raceroom and you should be able to bind the pedals.
    Step 10. you should be able to quit RRE then launch the Sim Manager to make adjustments to the pedals if you require.
    Keep in mind this is for those that have the pedals plugged directly into the PC. According to Simagic the Pedals should work for those who have the pedals plugged into the Alpha base

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou

I think this points to what was mentioned in a few conversations we had r3e works fine with the pedals , its an incomplete or slightly borked windows instal that is causing the issue thus impossible for us , or even simagic to prove or find

Andi

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So it turned out to be absolutely nothing to do with the game then. Perhaps you will go back and edit your comments slagging off the devs for lack of action.

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    But there's still something about the game that makes it the only one with this issue, no?

We can call it a problem with the Windows install being "broken" due to a missing library or parameter or having some library incompatibility, but we can also call it a problem with the game being more strict than other games in how it handles input devices.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    But how many people don't have issues? We only ever hear of them minority that do, and then it turns out to be their PC at fault. If the Devs just plugged them in and they worked then you can bet that was also the case for others. It's always the vocal minority that shout for someone else to fix their problem.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I understand your position but that's what I was talking about. Until we have accurate info on what exactly causes the issue (what component, or what library, or what parameter, etc.) we can't draw final conclusions on whose problem it was. Just because it worked after Windows reinstall doesn't mean that previous install could be definitely considered broken or at least not normal - after all, other games worked fine.

You can say "it worked on your new Windows install, so it's your problem", they can say "the game is too strict with input devices and stops working where other games work, so it's the game's problem" - both these statements apply equally well here. So until there's more information about what caused the issue, I see no point in continuing the blame game here since it will just go on forever in this loop.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Im waiting for an answer for this but yes raceroom does do something slightly different i believe , in identifying controllers etc ,
    I will get back on this as soon as i have an answer

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  17. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well slagging off the Devs, thats an interesting take on this. If I had to completely wipe my system and reinstall everything to get RRE to see the pedals, yet I have had the same install for Fanatec Pedals, Heusinkveld Pedals and Simagic for every sim I use but RRE was the only one that did not recognise the SM Pedals it seems to me that there is something a little deeper in RRE that is a combination of OS and RRE that was causing the issue. Now I know that I may have upset some fanboy's sensitivities in the way I was asking for help and not getting a response, if I was the only one banging on like an A** then I would absolutely call myself to task yet when I was asking for months with little response and many others feeling the frustration I think that some annoyance could be expected especially when I, like others, have spent good money on just about every piece of DLC and supporting the Sim. So having said this, at least I never gave up trying to work though a solution and and still supporting RRE.

18. T3KNOSIS

T3KNOSIS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    SOLUTION BELOW - WORKING!
    ‐-----‐--------------------------------------------
    I have finally figured out the problem and have found a solution:

Download then double click this registry file (You can right click the file and select edit to see what the file contains):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HVgGZshy17oJjy2us8ynmhWRWOet7Qh/view?usp=drivesdk

It will remove OEMForceFeedback folder entries for Simagic Devices that don't require it (P2000 Pedals, GT1/GT4 Wheels, Q1 Shifter). After running the registry file, Load up RaceRoom and bind your pedals as you normally would. This folder entry is what is causing the conflict.

Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  19. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Who the heck figured this out? Great news. Thanks!! I'll try asap. Have to change back from Simtag Iris Pedals that I got recently. Wanted to do a comparison between P2000, Simtag and VRS pedals anyway when I got time.

20. T3KNOSIS

T3KNOSIS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ;)