Problem SIMAGIC Pedals Binding

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by robertopoz, Oct 27, 2021.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I hope @D3L8OY reads the above. Not the game at fault as suspected.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I don't know. From the information above, without specific knowledge, it's hard to tell what program is responsible for creating these folders or their contents or what's the reason why their contents prevent Raceroom from seeing pedal inputs while other games see them just fine.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It would seem that raceroom only allows you to bind one FFB device. Which makes sense. These other devices are incorrectly presenting themselves as FFB devices.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how force feedback is processed in Windows, so maybe there's a strong reason to only bind one device. However, since other games don't have this limitation and don't seem to have massive problems because of that, this looks like, well, an arbitrary and unnecessary choice that caused hard to find problems...

After all, if someone wants to hook up 10 wheels and Windows can handle it, let them do it, no?

There are still cases where these pedals worked fine in Raceroom. I wonder what's the difference. Firmware? Simagic drivers? Something else?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  5. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    a year after.. but finally Simagic sent me a file to install on pc and now everything works. Once you install it, connect the pedals directly to the PC (not to wheel base if you have a simagic wheel) and done. Now RRR3 recognize them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mentalruss

mentalruss New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey is there anyway you could send me a copy of that file..the link is expired and i can't download it anymore... really appreciated ...cheers

7. T3KNOSIS

T3KNOSIS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0