So what else are ya playin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Oct 3, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    On a more serious note, I really want to get back into flight simming. Used to be one of my favourite genres back in the Amiga days (Microprose sims, Birds of Prey etc) then I spent a lot of time with the Microsoft Flight Sims, mainly flying airliners in FS2004. For some reason I've barely touched a flight sim in five or six years. I've got a copy of FSX that's hardly been played.

I still own a 'sort-of-ok' flight stick and have an old set of basic Fanatec pedals that I guess could be used for rudder duties. Not sure where to go to get back into flight-simming. I like both combat and commercial sims. The A-10 sim looks good and I'm not averse to a steep learning curve. Probably need a separate thread for this kind of discussion!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the only good studio to come out of eastern europe is gsc game word, and they make cossacks and their from Ukraine. I think its that Russian mentally (sorry @Lazorenko Yevgeny the ukes are better at games than you)

world of tanks is a fantastic format ,made by a bunch of headless chickens and gaijin couldn't balance a feather.:p
    I'm looking forward too armored warfare what i have played so far has been great. pve removes all the multiplayer frustrations as well.

If their are any good russian games im sorry. (not that wot is a bad game as such).

ps note i am im bias as they nerfed every tank i got, (im not kidding literally all of the tanks i worked towards were nerfed im not exaggerating (and they ruined the stug, something for which i can never forgive them))

3. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I love the original Cossacks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    same

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy flight games as well and just as in racing, the right controller makes the difference. Even some of the more "arcadey" flight games are more fun with the flight stick. I have a Saitek X52 and a Logitech Xtreme 3d and have a blast with both of them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any thoughts on Battlefield Hardline? It's on sale for $20 and wanted to see if anyone had it and thought it was worth $20

7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't pay more than 10$ for either of the new BF games. They dropped the ball hard on them, the netcode is a joke and the games are still incredibly buggy. There are still bugs that were first noticed in BF3, or in other words - 4 years ago. Just a complete mess.

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought BF4 a few weeks ago for $10 and it isn't bad IMO. I don't play much online though.

9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thought about it for a second. That was it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Wow! That looks like it's right up my alley.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Better get Running With Rifles. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @shardshunt

I didn't realise Cossacks 3 is on the way...http://www.cossacks3.com/

Hopefully it's more akin to the first Cossacks as I didn't really get on with the second one.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    it is effectively a remaster of the first cossacks with balance and gameplay improvements.

I'm exited tho ill have to get my friends around like i used to when i was a kid so we can spam mercenary until they turn gold and destroy our own bases. I want a full nostalgia trip from this one playing alone just wont do it.

I like Cossacks 2 but it wasn't the same game it was basically an original game (still a good one tho) kind of mix of cossacks and total war.

14. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Eagerly waiting for (supposedly) Halloween sales and Darkwood to be thrown into my library-cauldron...

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully GSC finish this asap so they can concentrate on what they do best: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

16. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ARMA 3 and Halo 5 with a bit of Battlefield 4

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any objections to using this thread to give away some game keys? I've got a crapload of Humble Bundle stuff that I'll never play and don't want it to go to waste

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Rally (but have to admit my initial enthusiasm has worn off a bit - DR is indeed more sim than previous Codies stuff but still follows the Codemasters "we prefer mainstream" route, also very redundant variety of tracks and I guess they will never give up to implement wide dirtrack speedways instead of real narrow Rally Stages into their games (even if Events like Wales and Monte Carlo are okay in this regard..)
    Total War Series (Shogun2 /Rome 2 Emp.Edition with Divide et Impera Mod)
    Alien Isolation (plus DLC survival missions)
    Got hooked to Assassin's Creed for a while (AC 2/Brotherhood and Black Flag/Rogue)

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    whenever im not testing or sim racing , i fall back to my staple
    Freespace SCP, and at the moment rerunning through the blue planet series

Andi

20. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Rocket League has taken over my life.

Very easy to pick up and play but so hard to be great at.