Spa Frankorchamps AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinMan, Nov 2, 2022.

1. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Today I had a 40min multiclass (M235i, GT4s & Aquilla CR-1s) race at Spa GP layout in a M235i against 105% AI. I found the AI in my class (M235i) was
    • too quick in 3rd sector, specifically in Campus and Stavelot, where they would consistently gain a couple of car lengths accelerating down the Paul Frere into Blanchimont. Their grip accelerating out of Stavelot gave them 0.8 - 1.2 sec advantage down the back straight-as if they had more power than me. I had TC set at 26-28%, so not overly high as to hinder acceleration (but could probably go lower for this corner)
    • a tad fast through Double Gouche corner, consistently gaining 0.2-0.3 sec (but that is a reasonable difference, since I was generally a bit faster in sector 1)
    • a constant rear end threat to me braking into the chicane, especially if placing myself in the middle as a defensive move.
    If those areas could be worked on somewhat ( especially Stavelot) it would make Spa AI even better.
    And just for flavour: I started as p10, got to p1 in 1st corner (some comotion with gt4s), dropped to 3rd after a mandatory pitstop and finished p2 after class leaders got tangled in chicane on last lap and both spun. It was a drag race to the finish and a treat to see AI do that kind of a move on last lap :)
    Regards, Tinman

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    As for the speed difference , anything above 5%tc in tne 235i is massive and you will loose time
    Putting the car in the middle , even with real drivers this is a tough one , you will get a tap sometimes

As for the rest ill have a look

Andi

• Like Like x 1