Problem Steam re-downloads 3GB patch when game starts

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jacob Marshall, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ok this is driving me up the wall, tried Discourd but had no response there.

I'll play for a session then close the game, when I re-load it I get a Content Error 20004 (or similar).

I then have to verify files; this then prompts the game to re-dowload 3GB of data - this is happening almost every re-load - once the data has been downloaded the game loads.

I've re-installed, moved the install from C: to D:, changed the location of the Documents file/folder and re-installed Steam; nothing helps.

I can find posts relating to the 'Content Error' message (these say to verify local files) but nothing mentioning the damn re-downloading of data.

Does anyone have an ideas? At this rate, if this is how I have to play this game I'll just move on.

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    link to discord thread?

3. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just checked, sorry bud I think I may have deleted it as it was dropping down the Help page into obscurity...was posted on the 13th; that was the day after I was showing of the rig and the game to a friend. A date which will live on in infamy :(

4. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It's when I log out of Steam and then back it that Steam wants the game to download a 3G patch...if I install that folder and re-verify the game loads without downloading anything.

5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Deleted steam download cache?

6. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Aye have tried that as well, at a total loss on this one :(