Problem Sudden loss of acceleration during race (totally random)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by n01sname, Apr 30, 2021.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

since around March I'm confronted with a sometimes subtle, sometimes obvious issue that comes up randomly and during longer MP sessions mostly.
    First time I noticed a subtle but distinct change with my CSP V3 Pedals as if they weren't configured properly, accerleration & brakes randomly lagging, even the wheelbase itself (CSL Elite Xbox with Unihub) felt a little off - after reboot all went back to normal.
    Then, during a (MP) league-race in March at the 2nd half, the acceleration just went off as if the limiter kicked in.
    I could steer and all to get out of the way but for 10-20 secs no response from the acceleration pedal.
    The same a few days later during a practice session (SP)...
    I rarely encountered that at SPraces (after rolling start for example ) as well.
    And another time just a few days ago at another league race which was quiet frustrating cause I had to quit.
    But it is absolutely random no pattern to follow...:)
    Its with RRE only, not with rFactor, ACC or Dirt Rally.
    And apart from known bugs and issues over the years I never had any serious problem with RRE..
    Any idea ?

PS: It seems to happen after long sessions preferably btw. - I sometimes also get a freeze when switching over from long SP sessions...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Just a guess and you have probably already tried this. Did you change something maybe and plugged it to a different USB port? If I remember right, some Fanatec hardware doesn't like being connected to USB 3.x ports or USB hubs in general. Maybe worth a try although it works with other sims...

Oli

3. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx Oli, but as you've said I'm aware of that and never used a USB 3 Port or my Hub for the Wheelbase....guess now I'm one of those with an RRE related "special"- problem...:) It is what it is.....

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Might just be a drop , but lets add another level to this , download diview , run it when your wheel and pedals aare plugged in , leave it running ...
    Start and play the game

Hopefully this will add the diview input in and the game will read from that , if no problems occur , id just start it each time i play

Andi

5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hey Andi,

sry for delay, just see your post while coming here with good news...
    Might need a few test sessions to be sure but there was a subtle (but weird) conflict between FanaLeds-, Fanatec Firmware and in conclusion with RRE. After re-install / updating drivers etc. I promptly got two files replaced via Steam file integrity check....so, I hope that's it.
    I'll keep you guys posted if not :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well....:rolleyes: , the issue still persists. During a SP Multiclass Session (90 Mins) acceleration failed again (3 times) for around five to ten seconds. The Wheelbase display (Universal Hub) also starts to misfunction during that timeframe. On top of that two collegues from my league are reporting the same issue : Sudden acceleration loss for about 5-10 seconds...I did a clean install of RRE (and on another HD) btw. (just to sort that out). From what I observed the problem seems to come with one of the last updates (from Febuary/March on)

@Andy Goodwin Guess I try what you recommended with that diview thingi....also there's still that issue with RRE freezing when switching sessions (and mostly after long practice sessions, but guess this was adressed previously by another forum member already :) )...As there are no crashes, there's no crash dumb file as well, unfortunately...maybe thats all related somehow, but it's just a shot in the dark so far...

PS: As last option before anything else I will setup my RRE Wheel Config anew - from scratch again, used my saved settings from last install- perhaps that might help........;)

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    *Upped