The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I know what you meant, just threw that detail in, if someobdy would find it interesting. The AI in AC is solid, but lacks the rafinesse and fightign spirit of RR, RR's AI is better. Still, via content manager you can add a greater span to the settings for AI skill and aggression, more than just +/- 5 max.

Since always I use Raceroom for actual races, and run AC in trackday settings and practice "races" where I just leave the pits and fight the cars on track on my level with whom to battle a bit. "Race as an event" is one of the grounds where Racerooms rules. AC's strengths are different ones.

ACC however breaks into that established order.

2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Exactly this. But if you want to practise for races (in MP), you have to practise races. Therefore you need good AI (with sometimes stupid behavior, like humans). Thats why i nowadays only drive R3E (and the overall immersion ofc).

Dream would be, to have a sim where i can do a real 24h race, with all what it is like. Have a good AI with endurancestrategies. And most important a save option. So i can do my daily 2h stints. Basically a Sim like GTR2 with modern standards. ACC can get close to this, hopefully, even its, for now singleclass. But i dont know about the saveoption, didnt play it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Iirc Kunos devs already stated that there will be a mid session save option but can't give you a quote of that atm.

4. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    That would be awesome. We will see.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Got AC fired up at the weekend with shaders mod and sol installed. Wow is all I can say, racing as the sun comes up over the horizon is truly wonderful.

But...and it's a big but....my wheel feels awful.

I'm on a g27, would anyone care to share their settings? It just feels dead, there's either no weight to the steering or its twitchy as hell and undrivable, I just can't find a decent setting...

I know it will never feel as good as Raceroom but surely it must be at least half decent? Note: I'm sure it felt better before I started using content manager etc but it's so long ago I can't be sure.....

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just a week ago I had deleted ma ny pohotos., some of them with old settings pages from aC, amongst them one with settings for the G27 that I used over a year ago. Sorry. I just do not recall my values for it anymore after this long time, now using a completely different wheel since winter 2017.

But should not be too difficult to find the sweet spot, the FFB has not that many values to play with.

You could still launch AC with the default interface via Kunos exe, that way you bypass CM - if it even does inject its own wheel settings. Note the vlaues in the menu, then compare them to what CM shows you.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've tried launching without cm and still awful. I think I will have to do a clean install and start from there....

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Another must have :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Does that require a fairly beefy pc to run? The map is huge!

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so my fps is ok.

11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    The weirdest mod I ever have seem!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Did the LA canyons again and first time ever since installing Content Manager. Started at 7 a.m. in the morning, 2x speed for time of day.

Mein lieber Schwan.

The darkness is not total at that time, but it hides most of the landscape's distant details and repetitive tree patterns. that way it dramatically increases the visual realism of the landscape, hiding the obvious comouter-origin of its elements. The other cars light up the track with their front lights, but since this is no race track but a public road in the countryside, the absence of artificial light sources along the track does not make itself felt that much like it does on race tracks, where the absence of according lighting on most tracks is a setback for driving AC at night (only a few mod and defualt tracks have at least decent minimum amounts of trackside lights).

Try it. Its a superb experience. And then see the sun reaising later on, glowing dark orange in the sky.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Reinstalled AC last night and its sorted my g27 issues. Doesn't feel as good as R3E by a long way but drivable at least now. Really need to download some proper skinpacks and give it a decent go. Loving Sol, I'm not so fussed about weather but I would kill for day/night transitions like this in R3E, its bloody amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If you have not tried it, try the new track mod Circuito Panama Internacionale. I just did, and am blown away. A small dirty rumble pit of not too big size that is perfect for racing with small cars like Lotus-25 or Evora-s, streetcars. Almost like a caet trackk, but not as small maybe. Plenty of visual trackside detail, great and original ambience, nice flow and a track that not just swings left and right but also moves up and down a bit, is hilly. Superb!

A very masterful execution of a very artistic idea. I rate this as one of the lets say 15 most convincing track mods I know in AC.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Link?

Edit: Never mind I found it.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/circuito-international-de-panama.165489/

16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This might be an old mod, but I just got it..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The latest versions of the Shaders Lights Patch brought sparks:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    They seem slightly over the top

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they need some fine tuning. But I really appreciate the effort. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife at night with fog and adjusted sparks.
    (Sol 1.1.1 + Fonsecker Sound Pack + Spatial Sound Card)

I'm working on a small video of a lab around the Nordschleife at night with fog. Nothing big but this combination is so thrilling

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2