News The Drivers Pack - Coming in December

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Do you know of any publiishers who have transferred DLCs from one game to another in the past? I can´t recall any off the top of my head but there have been cases where there have been mate´s rates for migrating via early backer schemes like Reiza´s for AMS2.

At best you might get be able to transfer unused vrp provided that payment method were still used but I wouldn´t hope for much more unless they just modernise the existing game platform.

It´s clear that despite attempts to broaden their player bases via Esports, Youtuers etc, games like RRE survive thanks to the support of a small group of loyal players who buy all new content so unless a new title were to attract a wider paying audience then they are probably better off saving on development costs and keeping the same formula as now.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    After this long time of no official word about it, and the old plan to have the gfx engine updated by the GTR3 team years ago (which seems to have collapsed?), I would appreciate if they would briefly comment on where they go from here. And I am usually not in the chorus of those singing the song of new gfx engines every weekend, by far not, I have defended the sim as it is often enough.
    I buy this package, of course I do, great track, and at least one very interestign car, and another one I find promising.
    Personally, I think it would be insane to leave RR1 behind for a RR2, because there is so much, so awesome lots of content that would go amiss then. Thats why I believe if they push graphics forward, it indeed will be by a new engine for the existing RR, using the RR content there is now. It would be insane to throw all that into the bin. And would cost them quite lot of fans.
    If they do like this, there is a risk of VR not working as smooth anymore as it does now, with improved graphics setting up greater technical demands. I therefore would hope they leave players the option then to chose: either going with the new engined RR, or to activate a "Beta" in steam options that uses the last "old-engined" version of RR, but taking it off the MP servers, so that players finding it difficult to get along with the newer version of RR can stick in SP to the older engine. Of course, this would be limited to Single Player then, I do not demand them to support the old version still while having it online in MP: Therefore, I would accept to be thrown back to SP. Which is the only mode I play RR in anyway. :) And other race sims as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    You all talk as if RR1 will be closed the day RR2 is released, and if RR2 release is likely to happen soon. I'm quite sure we have a year/two/more worth of playing the content we buy today.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    But we have at least the cars in AMS 2 and some ,not all ,tracks from AMS 1.If it would be the same with RR2,alright,i will be there.What's so funny about my money..:D

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    :eek:-:oops:-:rolleyes:
    I already have enough skeletons on my hard drive.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom hasnt even reached v1 yet nevermind V2. I don't think there's any need to worry about what might happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    This is an old joke and even @J-F Chardon has mentioned before that RR can be considered released and the version number has no meaning for this.o_O;)

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Ok,convinced i bought it too.And 10 Euro is very fair.
    Will try the other improvments Audio/FFB tomorrow.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Many people are confusing upgrading the current engine vs replacing the graphics engine. Replacing means a lot of things would break and require rebuilding. Upgrade the current engine to DX11/12 or Vulcan with SSAO, Raytraced shadows, PBR shaders, HDR, SMP for mirrors, etc...might be less impactful. For some reasons, management keeps ignoring the elephant in the room... at their peril. I say, keep your fans informed, thus keep the hope alive.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    To have two parrallel sims running is okay with me, since it leaves the sim of now unaffected. My concern is about if they go with taking out the gfx engine and replacing it with a new one allowing night and rain as so often demanded, and as was indicated they planned to do years ago via that GTR3 cooperation.

I missed any indication that a RR2 is in the making or, as you imply, is close to release in the forseeable future. Confirmed is that Kunos is working on AC2 for sure - maybe you mistake it with that?

There are around 60+ track locations in RR, around 150 track variations, over 60 series, over 40 car brands in RR - I think it would be insane to leave all that behind. Thats why I think that even while GTR3, whose engine they once planned to use when GTR3 were done, has collapsed, they nevertheless are likely to go the way of replacing the engine and dirX in the current sim. The chassis of the RR car is still in excellent condition and offers plenty of details and runs very reliably and is a proven design - you need to replace the engine only, so - why doing a completely new car...?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I didn't imply that, it was probably a bad wording. It should be read "as if RR2 release is likely to happen soon".

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Reported. @J-F Chardon

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I can see it clearly in your purchase list, so I have refreshed your user cache now, can you restart the game and check again?

14. N. David

N. David New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  15. Materiał

Materiał New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly the same problem

16. Materiał

Materiał New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could you help @J-F Chardon (I know you should do it in the first post :sweatsmile:)

17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Same thing there, it was in your purchase list. I cleared your cache, restart all and try again?

18. Materiał

Materiał New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everything works thanks for your help. :grinning:

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1