Known Issue Thrustmaster and new FFB - Feedback requested from all users

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Jun 27, 2021.

1. caparrozhc

caparrozhc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Certainly there are always be outliers and fringe cases, it's predicted in group theory afteral.

That's not the point of my argument, though.

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    i agree with the second half, i max the base and have fan on with upgraded fans plus its winter here, i think the default ffb isnt a good setting for t300 at all, lower linearity is essential and massaging the canned effects to your liking and having some min forces. also turn on some shift effects, its just the fun slider in this game, like buying a 6 pack of nuggies and finding a 7th one in the box. poggies. id say acc has the worst ffb going, but i wont could iracing having feed back at all because its so bad

3. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If FFB wheels allways is a reasonable advantage against non-FFB wheels then it would be almost impossible that several of both non-FFB and game pad drivers is able to top LBs.
    And what makes the this picture even worse is that there is also several FFB drivers who has lowered their FFB settings so much that the wheel is actually a non-FFB wheel.

If we lump all these postulated "outliers and fringe cases" together then we are close to have a lot of black swans to invalidate the whole inductive conclusion that FFB wheels is (always) faster.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. And I would further argue that to disprove the "you need ffb to go fast" argument we don't need lots of examples as even one disproves the theory. To that end I give you Nenad, currently sitting in 6th place on the RR rankings and profoundly disabled, drives using a stick in his mouth. Yes he's incredibly skillful, but if it was indeed the truth that FFB is required to go fast that just wouldn't be possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Agree fully.
    But thinking about it then I think :D that one of the reasons FFB wheels has become the defacto norm is probably not because of (possible) advantages - but because almost everybody starting in this game niche are adviced to buy a wheel first.
    And its almost allways silently understood that this starter wheel should be a FFB one.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    FFB is certainly a good thing, I for one value FFB in that it "puts you in the car". But it's not the be all and end all. My bass shakers do more for immersion than ffb does and as shown it's not necessary to be fast. Add to that, most people criticize ffb if it doesn't shake you over bumps, or make abs come through the wheel or any other thing that while being fun in a game, isnt realistic, or helpful. I only know that what I have works well for me and that's all I'm really concerned with

7. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Rebuilt a gaming PC recently for the living room additionnally to my simracing rig with proper FFB wheel pedals and shakers
    Didn’t want to bring anything remotely simrig in this family room so fired up RRE and few other sims starting playing with PS3 controller

gave up after 10mins just no immersion no fun no thrills altogether