TS-PC Racer FFB Setup

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by ChatCureuil, Aug 29, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This is the FFB setup I use since some months with the TS-PC Racer. I built it from scratch, starting with zero values everywhere and monitoring changes with FFB meter. It has zero clipping with all cars, except maybe a bit in some extreme crashes. :)
    I think it helped me a lot to improve my car handling, default setup seems not good imo, with a lot of clipping on some cars.

In the Thrusmaster panel I set everything to 100% so I do changes only in R3E:
    Thrusmaster.jpg

And in R3E:
    R3E_TS-PC_Racer_FFB_setup.png

I also join the R3E controller profile for a quick test, you can copy it in C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet and find it in R3E in controller profiles section with the name "TS-PC Racer (chatcureuil)".

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing above. I am coming back to RRE after few years pause and and was a bit overwhelmed with numer of things to tune. I tried your settings and I like it more than default profile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    But it is mostly advised to set force de ressort and force d'amortisseur to zero in the driver settings. Is it different with the TS-PC racer?

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Result is same if you set it to zero in the game or in the Thrustmaster driver. I prefer to manage all settings in game, that's why it's on 100% in driver and 0 in R3E.

5. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2016 (tested the BMW) have strong FFB and there's a bit of clipping on some kerbs, it's better to reduce FFB multiplier from 2.5 to 2.2 or 2.3.

6. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!! I will probe it

• Like Like x 1
  7. vmaki

vmaki Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I tried this with my T300RS. Since the wheel is less powerfull also the settings were a little weak. I then multiplied all your values by 1,5 to keep treir relations the same and the result is really nice compared to the stock one. Thanks a lot for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    My TS-PC Racer Settings. Really happy with it.
    All i do from there, is adjusting the FFB multipliers per car.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Georg, I'll give it a try. :)

10. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    OK I got new one of these fancy wheels and my wheel is set at:

upload_2017-11-5_9-24-46.png

Is this correct or should it be 1080? as its just on default. Also how do I map the esc button to the wheel, as I don't seem to find a setting for it?

11. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It should be automatic, the game sets the rotation depending of the car you load and the preset used in garage -> steering settings.

12. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    You can't, not without using an external util like Joy2Key or something like that.

13. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    about same FFB with Assetto Corsa with all at 100 :)

14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You should open the FFB meter, I think you have crazy clipping 100% of the time. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    In my search for FFB setting for my T300 I stumbled upon some ffb files on RaceDepartment (I think it was there). In settings, Steering Force Intensity was set to 16-20 %, Minimal Force 10 %, Vertical Load was set at 301 % and Lateral Force was set arround 80%. At first, I taught that this settings are wrong, but when I tryed them myself, driving felt really good and it was pretty much clipping free. Sorry for off topic, but I wanted to hear what you guys think about that bolded numbers in general.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  16. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    no i have clipping only in grass/dirt out of the track and in very high speed turn, like everybody.
    i just use 99.99% of Ts pc racer (like my gpu i like seeing 99.99% usage) and you only 25% (maybe TX is enough) like i said :)
    I will post a video to show you how use 99.99% of ts pc racer with FFB meter :)
    my old TX could only keep this strenght 1 min after it will decrease, that's why i have bought ts pc racer. And that's why they create strong wheel :)
    And i hope we will have ts pc racer 2 :)
    And i have listened to you i have set "5%" minimal force so I feel so much more, thanks !

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  17. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I took time to build my FFB setup with the FFB meter, I know I'm using in general between 80 to 90% of its capacities when I'm driving at the limits (remember I use the driver at 100%), without any clipping, even and especially in high speed turns.

A turn taken at high speed is the case where you don't want any clipping, cause you're driving at the limits and want to feel every tiny change in the car behavior. If your FFB meter is on the red line and above, the subtle changes are not reproduced by the wheel cause it doesn't receive them, signal is saturated. And in a race car, every turn should be taken on the limit. ^^

But if you like it like that, it's your choice, I just tried to invite you to test something else for some days. ;) FFB is the kind of thing that needs days to be appreciated.

To answer your sentence on the other post, I don't think using 100% in the driver will put the wheel in danger, especially cause at the maximum FFB I can get in game, I'm still under the red line.

That wasn't from me ;) I use 3% and think I still can decrease it since I pushed the main intensity to 100% (was 90% in the first post).

18. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

i have tried your settings, I feel exactly the same effect i have with my settings but too much low/down.
    And Peter from R3E Steam forum has explained me clipping is normal and not dangerous for wheel.

19. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I tried this for a while but my arms are aching after a couple of racers, either its to strong or I am going have to start lifting weights

20. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate for that!

• Like Like x 1