UI improvements - What can we expect in the future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Funkx, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Funkx

Funkx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know there are hundreds of topics with higher priorities, but which are the future plans for the general UI?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the UI we see for the ADAC Exp. is the so-called "new" web-based UI you had been mentioning last year.
    Now, for the time being, the overall UI became quite a mess :( It's not only the combination of the old Orb-menu and the newer Experience menus.
    For example, we have FOUR different positions for the various exit/back buttons ... Top right, bottom left, inside the Orb and the Pop-ups. Exiting the Sim needs a lot of mouse movement, in particular running it in 4k.
    The implementation of the Experiences also adds some "annoyance". I can imagine it's done like it is due to the licenses and to have the Exp. more "stand-alone". But when you enter e.g. an ADAC competition from within the typical R3E, you will find yourself inside the ADAC Exp. after the race, need to exit back to the Orb and rejoin R3E again.
    Another distracting issue with the "new" UI, and a lot of people complain about this: sometimes the buttons don't respond and you need to click several times to confirm your action.

I know it's still beta and improvements will be done. I'm not complaining!! I just want to see the intuitive and user-friendly UI this great Sim deserves! ;)
    If the whole UI will become/remain web-based, the server lag should be drastically decreased. I have to admit I'm no friend of these web-based UIs as response times are always worse compared to an offline UI (e.g. web-based office vs. locally installed office).

• Agree Agree x 1