Watkins Glen AIs are rubberbanding when taking the lead!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nedimmb, Oct 19, 2022.

1. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So this issue has popped up since last week. From the moment the AIs at Watkins Glen have been patched in early August, I have never encountered the previous warping-pace-AI. But now there is a new annoyance. After I manage to take the lead on the track with no problems, all AIs then start to pull a rapid-fire-pace. I can literally never pull away from them no matter what and even when deleting the "aiadaption" file, nothing helps. This hasnt happened until last week and it is so creepy. I tried with multiple car categories and it still happens. Consider yourselves to make a clean sweep on the AIs again dear developers.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do you still get odd behaviour if you use a fixed AI level?

3. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry that I sound a bit clueless now, but what specifically is it meant by "fixed" AI level?

4. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    AI strength = 110, for example, instead of Adaptive AI.

5. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I tried it and guess what, AIs where actually cheating. Making now lap times of 1:42.. I am giving up with Raceroom

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Depends what ai level you use. At very high levels they do "cheat". Generally at around 104 they should be fast enough for average drivers. They are ok up until around 110-112.

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Is that supposed to be a general (official?) rule of thumb for all kinds of tracks or just your observations regarding watkins glen?

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    ai is calibrated to be around 1sec/minute from alien pace at 104 ai diff, but thats constant, never ending process- expect anomalies

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Ah good to know, although not something i wouldve expected. Recently ive mostly been doing carrera cup deutschland or dtm 2020 races on a variety of tracks and dont really think that estimate wouldve worked on more than a couple tracks. Would that be something worth reporting when one comes across combos where that estimates way off?
    Edit: would that be quali times or race/practice pace?

10. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    1. yes
    2. not sure about the difference, lets say ai in clear/no traffic

• Informative Informative x 1