What happened to ranked servers? They were great, now they are not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ouch!, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Ouch!

Ouch! New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello there.

There was a time where I thought that raceroom was the best and only sim I would need for the next years, but one day something happened.

I got into the game as always, ready for a nice racing sesion and surprise, all the ranked servers were configured with one track and one car. I found it quite weird so I came into this forum and asked what was the reason behind that. Someone replied that they were making some changes due to the new content, I thought this was not a good reason but anyways... it was just temporal!

Now we fast forward several months and here we are. I have one simple question for the devs:
    ¿What kind of sick mind enjoys racing with the same car in the same track for a full week? Sometimes there's like 2 or 3 servers in other categories with the same track as well! Madness...

Seriously, it's very anoying that you have such an amazing game and you are just ruining it with such a stupid decission. I came back last week and noticed an evident drop in player numbers so I guess I'm not the only one who felt like that.

Please, make at least one server with random car and track or random track at least, for people who wants to enjoy the game in its full potential.

Best regards,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    drive on servers that allow more than one car
    about same track servers, u most likely mean ranked champ practice servers? they are additional servers for folks to practice ranked championship combo

3. Ouch!

Ouch! New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are those servers with more than one car and track for a full week? I'm talking about one race with GT3 and the next race with F4, and the next one with Audi TT, etc. Like it was before. Now if you like racing with the Tatuus for example, you can do it once a week... nice.
    upload_2022-10-1_11-40-31.png

It amazes me how someone can mark this suggestion as disagree, by the way. The only reason I can think of is that you don't play the game very often, maybe once or twice a week, then of course is fine for you. If devs want the game to be casual players oriented then I should just go back to my other options but at least I will leave my thoughts here, if you don't mind.

4. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'd join you in the random server. Sounds fun! :)

5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    6 combos from that pic have more than 1 car, therefore "all the ranked servers were configured with one track and one car" is wrong

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Id agree that 2 weeks of the same is very long, probably dont agree on most of the rest. Personally i find 1 week to be the sweet spot. Gives you enough time to check the schedule, practice/work on setups a bit and then get in a few races (if youre lucky and find decently full servers anyways). In terms of whats offered i dont think it lacks hugely in terms of variety (on the current schedule you can choose between 13 car classes and 13 different tracks plus the 3 championship practice servers), what actually ends up being driven is another thing tho and i feel like that is something that was better in the past but i dont know what can be done about that.
    Random tracks and especially paired with random cars just sounds like something that will end in pure chaos, certainly not the type of racing that id consider to enable enjoying the game in its full potential, but to each their own. I wouldnt be opposed tho to including a server like that on the schedule to see if theres demand for it. Best case it works well, worst case its one more server thats hardly raced on

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ouch!

Ouch! New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks hugo, happy to hear some support :)

Oh yes, and you can pick different colors for your car as well, which totally transforms the experience. You are right.

I don't know how much racing experience you have but a medium level player can pick up any track and car and reach 99% of his own efficiency in lets say, 40 minutes. If you already know the track, then it might be like three or four laps. Of course I'm letting alone the setup aspect, it would be better to have fixed setups for this kind of server. And I'm not talking about full random tracks/cars. I just want what we had before. For example: F4 in a selection of 10 tracks. Just one server where you can jump from one race into another without doing the same thing over and over.

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Id say i have enough experience to safely get around any track i own in a car im familiar with without standing in the way, not enough experience to drive at my optimum within a 10 minute practice session that has 10-20 other drivers on track who arent exactly driving at their best (their best hugely varying anyways) either. (Plus that 1% still missing can easily be a second and im not gonna do a ranked race when i know im that far off of what i can/should be doing). But either way it wouldnt be just about my experience, youre asking every driver on that server to be at their optimum within a couple laps (or youre fine with everybody being a bit more clumsy than usual but that once again doesnt sound like the full potential to me). But as i said i wont be complaining if they decide to try it

I see, then i just misunderstood your comment about doing a race of gt3, the next f4 and so on. That would make things a little simpler although i still remain somewhat sceptical about the quality of racing but the only way thats gonna change is by trying it (again) and seeing its actually just fine :D

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I'd say it's quite normal. Gran Turismo is doing it for like 3 years now and it seems to work fine.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  10. Ouch!

Ouch! New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apologies if I sounded like I was underestimating your skills, I'm not a pro by any means but I actually join the races with the 10-20 minutes of practice without practicing before. As I said before, if I know the track already then it's a matter of a couple of laps to find the breaking points with another car. I'm 1800 ELO right now and I don't think my score is suffering that much by playing like that. I'm pretty sure in any race half of the grid have the same approach.

I guess there are a lot of people who enjoys that, otherwise there would be a lot of posts like mine:) Still, some months before, these kind of servers were really popular. I could join a server and have 3 nice consecutive races (which was an hour approximately, the perfect lenght for a session IMO) against more or less the same players, which added a nice salty factor to the mix as well. Now, I join one 15 minutes race and then I leave or go to another sim, which is a shame because raceroom is the one I enjoy the most.

11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    All good, didnt cross my mind so far :) (although now that youve brought it up and based on what i wrote in my previous comment i now feel like we might have different expactations of my skills :D, but not like that would matter either)