Problem White screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by dudasro, May 21, 2021.

1. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    Could someone help me what can cause from time to time the error that the screen turns white during a race and I can't do anything with it except exit? Parts of Otterhud remain visible and I can control the car in principle during this time, just as Crewchief works normally in the meantime, car and race sounds also ok, I just can't see what I'm doing. I've updated and reinstalled everything several times, tried to get it back from graphics settings, but I haven't had a problem with it so far. Sometimes it seems to help if I upgrade to the latest AMD driver, I just tried it with a recommended one, but in the same way a white image in the first round, again looking at the replay nothing happens.
    I wouldn't elaborate on how hard it is to go fast and clean with a controller, especially starting from behind, but when it takes me from first to last to fight my reputation back in many, many races, it was really angry and nervous months ago, now I just don't feel like sitting down ... :(
    I play with an Xbox controller from an external camera angle, Otterhud and Crewchief running in the background, the same problem almost never happened in an unranked race. I haven’t played any other games lately, especially not new ones, but I haven’t really had any performance issues so far except for the video card, and Raceroom runs beautifully in auto setup. Which, however, I'm not entirely sure when exactly these white image bugs started, because I've been using an AOC Q32 monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440 for a good half year and it's like the problems started after that, but I played the game at 1920x1080 for a long time and didn't there has been a change since I switched to 2K. Freesync is turned on, it works totally smoothly, and I melt into the asphalt at 100fps until I flash ... and they come completely independent of whether I’m using two monitors right now or how many programs are running in the background.
    I regularly check and update the system, drivers and software. It's also rare to have a "normal" crash, so I recheck the game and usually find a bug that fixes it, I'll include one of the last ones.

Config:
    Win 10 pro 64bit
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 4gHz
    MSi B450-A PRO
    16gb DDR4 2666MHz
    AMD R9 380 4gb
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb
    SB-Z

Please help if you can! And have a good weekend!
    Regards,
    Robert

(sorry, I used a translator, I hope it's well translated)

Attached Files:

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The only way i could reproduce this error is due to manually killing the RRREWebBrowser.exe process in the Task-Manager.
    So my guess is, that this process is crashing for you in the Background, as it starts itself again.
    If this happens the WebFrame of the InGame Browser looses his transparency, which would lead to a white background.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for your help! I see about the same and only ESC helps ..
    When I tried to uninstall RRRE Launcher it was corrupt, so I cleaned up steam and raceroom from the registry everywhere, and then reinstalled it and it worked in the last few weeks until quite a few days ago. True, it was a normal race, then it happened on a ranked qualy again, and I recently dropped out of Spielberg at the halfway point of the long race from 4th place. I play a game installed on an SSD, not through a browser. On recent occasions I also launched a task manager in the background and the RRREWebBrowser.exe also ran after alt + tab, but during the race I didn’t have a chance to observe if it stopped for a moment at the white screen!
    I don't know what the fck is about why the exe stops causing this white screen, but for almost a month frankly I've been afraid to go ranked because of reputation downturns!
    I also had a crash these days, I attached it and found a corrupted file on the steam
    when checking the game files, but I ran one just before the previous race and then found nothing.
    Strange...
    Oops, I was looking for the crash file and found something else in the Windows \ WER \ ReportArchive \ , but can't upload wer file.

Attached Files:

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think there's something wrong happening and it's not necessarily with the game. No viruses? Your SSD is fine?

5. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I misspelled, Steam File Checker found a missing file, which it loads automatically at that time, and the file I attached was the post-gamecrash dump file.
    SSD looks good, regularly maintained and I don't encounter any other problems, antivirus updated, malwarebytes also.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I mean, the files shouldn't disappear by themselves either, unless you accidentally delete them. Could it be a problem caused by your antivirus?

7. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Manual I only deleted a file once a couple of weeks ago when I reinstalled everything, since then it has worked perfectly all the way after the patch, since then only once crashem which generated a dump file and even then there was a missing file when checking which it fixed in principle.
    The white screen, on the other hand, appeared just a few hours earlier that day and then again, but the game doesn't crash or generate a dump file, only another folder appears in the WER / Reportarchive folder -> AppCrash_RRREWebBrowser.e_6d893c8051ea67cb8a6ea18f48b7bf24cfe93b38_fe2f392e_7b3c7fc9-5d25-47ea-9e41-c889f6fcbbde with the attached report.txt (actually report.wer) file included.
    During training or qualifying with a white screen, for example, I can exit to the garage with ESC where the menu is visible again, and then I can drive again without exiting the game, everything happens around me in the same way during a race, I can drive blindly I just can't see, but I can also exit to the garage , just not back to the race.
    I was already wondering if I was using some random combination to turn off this RRREwebbrowser.exe while the controller was hard pressing, which would make it whiten, I would just have to figure out the combination I want to make it disappear ...

8. DomexXx

DomexXx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem…

9. G.Metzo

G.Metzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Idk if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but I encountered the same problem. I am a newcomer to raceroom and for my first session ever with otterhud I raced for 8 hours with no issues. Then randomly same thing started happening and it happened CONCISTENTLY in every race around lap 3-4. I tried every solution I could find on the net but only 2 things worked. Number one was not use otterhud at all. simple really. number 2 when I brought up task manager I noticed there were 2 RRREWebBrowser.exe running instead of one. Now I don't know why this would happen but my guess is that they conflict each other. As soon as I force ended one of them problems stoped for me and was able to complete races again until once again a second RRREWebBrowser.exe was created and started fucking things up. Any idea as to why this might be happening OtterNas?
    Edit : it would also aprear that otterhud runs fine even when the RRREWebBrowser.exe doesn't exist at all. ( I mean i am sure it's running but it doesn't apear on task manager. ) So far zero problems

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  10. G.Metzo

G.Metzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again, idk if anyone is reading this but just today I confirmed my hypothesis. For whatever reason RRREWebBrowser.exe is at fault. I did my first race today and in lap 3 white screen. I open up task manager find RRREWebBrowser.exe and terminate it. Everything back on normal.

11. G.Metzo

G.Metzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And my theory came crushing down literally one race after. no RRREWebBrowser.exe running or showing in tast manager yet I got the usual OtterHUD white screen thing. At this rate I should either stop using OtterHUD or delete raceroom... and what leaves me utterly perplexed is this is so random. yesterday I did like 12 races with the " terminate RRREWebBrowser.exe " trick and all is good. now all is fucked. same shit with my first day in raceroom back on sunday. like 8 races with otterhud all good then on the 9th race, white screen. what the fuck is going on???

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think you should ask this in the OtterHUD thread, if it's sort of related.

Have you tried turning off antivirus/antimalware programs if you have any?

13. G.Metzo

G.Metzo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you may be right about this but then again this is sort of the thread for this problem so idk. it's not sort of related. otterhud IS the problem. and I don't know why. even more so I don't know why it is sometimes and other times it's not. like it doesn't make sense. there doesn't seem to be a pattern you can read and trace.

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    You can test it by trying some other webhud, like this default one:

15. DomexXx

DomexXx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. Yves C.

Yves C. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Trying to revive this 2 year old thread as it's still an issue today.
    I recently had the issue twice and found some additional info that may be of interest to maybe finding a fix.

When RRREWebBrowser.exe crashes, it's caused by error code 0xc0000005 in libcef.dll
    I've added the details from the event log a attachment.

Maybe it's not possible to prevent RREWebBrowser.exe from crashing but since it's automatically restarting, there's maybe a way to prevent the loss of transparency?

I truly hope a fix to this could be found as I love using CrewChief and OtterHUD with R3E.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
  17. O. Jepson

O. Jepson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I also have this issue did any one find a definative answer I also can't race ranked any more it happens 3 mins from the end every race and also in leaderboard challenge it just occured

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Does it also happen if you don't use OtterHUD?

19. O. Jepson

O. Jepson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna have a play around with it tonight see what I can find. As only saw this thread after I had given up on it.

OK so it is otter hud in Vr it comes up and I can reset my view so I'm above the car and carry on just off pace but all the hud info is in the white screen I'm looking over and the game is just running as normal behind it I took off otter hud and sure enough it didn't happen. So not sure what can do with other hud to stop this I re installed crew chief and still same

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  20. Yves C.

Yves C. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've moved on and built my own overlays using SimHub. Never had any issues since.