WTCC 2013 rules and race length?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neon, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Neon

Neon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much Olaf! All that info is so helpful and really helps take some of he guess work out of setting up the races. The suggestions you have are very helpful seeing as you can’t exactly run the races like the real WTCC but get pretty close and in the spirit of the series.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys :)
    I love the WTCC cars, so by setting up these lists, I can also enjoy these beauties in their best way possible in R3E ;)
    It wasn't that much afford, most of that I already researched a year ago...Had these facts on small sheets of Paper, now I can finally throw them in the bin :D.
    If R3E (hopefully) improves itself on points mentioned (More options for Customization, a Race 3 option, more WTCC/WTCR circuits...) I would be happy to update my lists!
    Greetings

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sounds interesting, thanks for the info. While at it, any tips on driving these cars well, as I've mostly been driving the RWD cars (GT3 and some DTM), as I couldn't get over the understeer when leaving corners. Thanks!

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Use the natural lift off oversteer to get the car rotating and nail the throttle on corner exit with steering back straight again. Soften the rear so the oversteer is not so snappy and they can be put into a quite controllable drift. Keep some throttle on when braking and turning in, it keeps them settled. Now the TCR cars are updated maybe @Alex Hodgkinson will have some time to do one of his driving tutorials on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, ok, so try oversteer through the apex? Yes, I do some throttle while braking, learned accidentally when the car spun during hard braking :D Let me clarify one thing re this... as w/ most corners (entry, apex and exit), the exit is usually not yet a straight path, and this is where I find the understeer (ex. Brands Hatch -> from McLaren to Clark Curve, I can't seem to go full throttle until I hit the Brabham Straight). How do I approach an apex, so I can full throttle at exit? I'll try softening the rear.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So when I say oversteer, I don't mean ken blocking it round the corner but just letting the rear go light, the car will try and come round on you. You then balance the throttle towards and around the apex, a loose rear is fast. You cannot drive these like a RWD car, ie brake apex and accelerate or they kill you on entry and push wide out of the corner. It takes some practice but it's very satisfying when you get it. This is a pcars2 vid but he does a good job of explaining FWD behaviour. Worth a watch....

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    If you want to get used to WTCC Cars, but not FWD, start with the BMW in 2013. You'll get a feeling for weight and brakes.
    Adding to ravey's short outline, my tip is: When your rear comes to the front, don't brake, go on the throttle a bit to straighten up the car again :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. What BMW model is this, 2013? There only one? Ill check the store.
    Thanks too. Will play around more with them.

Just wondering though, are the game’s AI settings quite conservative for the WTCC (2018/2019) on certain tracks? Tried a few at Silverstone Intl. and Sepang North and always top at around 102 strength. Expecting 100 to be base.

9. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    As 2013 was the last year with TC2 reglement and 2014 the first with TC1, BMW did not build a new car for TC1 (faster) regulations. They stuck to RWD but only raced against the other privateers with TC2 rules. They still participated in WTCC 2014 though. Unfortunately, R3E did not implemented them for 2014. So for adding a bit more realism for 2014, add some 2013 cars to it. (But then, you'll have the problem of missing Citroens if you didn't buy them when they were available). They are a good bit slower and won't cause problems.
    The WTCR Ai (2018/19) were tweaked in one of the last updates to make them a bit slower in some corners. As Silverstone and Sepang have some really fast corners, they now might be a bit slower than, for example, on Monza.
    In general, I would suggest to use Adaptive AI to get rid of some undulations in strengh. Just race some sessions with them before starting championship.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Neon

Neon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Now that R3E has added some tracks like Brands Hatch full and Brno. Does that affect the schedules of WTCC schedules? Are we able to run a more complete season?

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, the recently added tracks have never been run in the WTCC. They did add Motorland Aragon as a current WTCR track, though.

12. Neon

Neon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh I had thought I saw they went to Brno at one point, but maybe I'm getting that confused with the old school DTM cars

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    They did actually race at brno for a few years but the last one was 2011 so the cars in raceroom have never raced there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Neon

Neon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok cool, at least I don't need to buy any new tracks at this moment.

15. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    22 minutes plus 1 lap

16. jakeyboy723

jakeyboy723 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Having a look around for race distances, I found that race distances were changed to a maximum of 50 or 60km in 2012. In 2014, this was changed to (lap exceeding makes the most sense) 60km race distance.

For WTCR from 2018, they have it a little more complicated. Races 1 and 2 are back to the 50km or 60km of 2012 with the third race being 60km or 70km aligning with the longer/shorter length. There are no exact maths here. The Hungaroring's Race 3 comes up to 65km which makes no sense based on 50/60km. Fortunately, you could just look through results.

In 2020, they reverted back to the two-race format initially with one 50km race and one 60km race. But after two races, decided to revert back to three with the same format for the 2018/2019 format. I believe it's the same as the 2021 format for the two-races with one race being 50km and the other 60.

For 2022, there's no race distance calculations needed. For Race 1, it's 30 minutes + 1 lap and Race 2, it's the same but after 25 minutes.

The maths isn't too hard with it being 60,000m dividing the track length the game gives you with a calculator. E.g. 60/4.31 or 60000/4310 for the Hungaroring depending on where you get the figures from.