1. We are currently in maintenance mode. RaceRoom will be back soon. Thanks for your patience!

Problem FPS Drops..

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by heppsan, Sep 3, 2015.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - the reflections are one of the biggist frame-eaters... On Low it is quite ok, but the high-setting needs 10 - 20FPS depending on the situation...

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    On mine there are definitely only 2 options - "low" or "high". There's no "off" or anything else

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ah ok, nice to know. A off option is something i would like i'll admit. I'm playing r3e on a 5 year old laptop and it struggles i must say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have a medium setting implemented. :)

5. Andregee

Andregee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Vsync is adaptive so that every framerate is possible. The shadows doesn´t look much better now compared to earlier builds for me. The performance is poor. I can run cars on high relfexions and shadows with a better performance.

6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I got my WD Passport today, just installed W10 and Steam and was just about to set up a steam folder on it.
    The folder is being created, but steam says "couldn't add a new library to steam".. (and I can't find the folder when I try to install a game)
    Am I missing something, I was able to set up a steam location on one of the other drivers on the pc for R3E, but not to this external one??

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to Heppsan. Make a folder on the drive called steam library. Then go into steam, go to preferences, download, and click add a library folder. That should allow you to install games there

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Nope, but I've might have found the problem.
    Found a thread saying you can't add a new folder while downloading a game, and I'm currently downloading R3E.. :)

Edit: Yup, that was it. Works now! Phew!.. :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Good :) Glad to hear it

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I tried R3E a bit on the new windows 10 and factory reset system last night, but sadly no increase in performance.
    I actually lost 2-3 fps on hockenheim after this?...:confused::(
    The only difference I made was that I didn't install steam on the OS driver this time around, should that make a difference in performance? (I never had games on the OS D before just steam)

11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I checked the energy settings, and it was set to balanced.
    Changing this made it as it was before. :)

Question still remains to the Devs though, why do I have such a difference in performance on Hockenheim?