overcoming pit fiasco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ohioracer, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    SO, I run touring classics, bmw 320 @ mid-ohio 15 laps against 23 others single player off line w/ adaptive ai mandatory pit stop. I practice for about 30 min. qualify 7th. start race, take advantage of a scuffle at the exit of the keyhole on the first lap and take third. Three laps later, i make it to first place. After pulling ahead almost 7 seconds, I pit for fuel only on lap 7. As I turn off my engine, i press the look behind button to see if anybody else came in and to my surprise, I count 18 cars pull into pit lane, drive thru to the exit and continue racing as I watch my position go from 1st to 19th place. I finish 13th of 23 after watching 18 other racers drive thru pit lane without stopping and finish the race. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? very frustrating to watch that slip away.

2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes?

If you're asking me to reproduce, I've just tried and failed.

Went for M3 (there's no 320 in Touring Classics), single race, Mid Ohio (no chicane), 50 minutes practice (skipped), 20 minutes qualifying (skipped), 15 laps race (started last), Adaptive AI, Get Real, 23 opponents, Standing start. Cut rules on slow down, flag rules on complete, tire wear x1, fuel use x1, damage on, mandatory pitstop on.

All the AI's performed their pitstop no problem spotted.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    How could AI dare to displease you?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In my experience with mandatory pit stops, it much faster to change 2 tires than refuel. It seems like that's what the AI does, and will always kill you on pit road if you try to refuel (assuming you don't need the fuel, and the AI doesn't either).

Just change tires and be off in a few seconds.

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    yeah but he says they drive through and don't stop, which I can't repro...

7. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've never seen that. The AI always stops for me, but usually they are very fast stops :)

8. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Going to redo it tomorrow night same way. Solid line of cars, 18 in fact came in for a drive thru, i watched not in the mirror, i hit the look behind button on the wheel and watched them go by. Yeah, I meant to type M-3 and it came out 320. Thanks for trying.

9. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How the AI just change 2 tires then exit again is a bit crap - should at the very least change all 4 tires on a compulsory pit stop.