Problem Video freezes on track; sound OK

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von rzsmith, 2. Januar 2018.

1. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So I'm really getting into this game and ready to purchase a lot of content but I've got a pesky issue. Every once in a while the video will lock up during track time (practice, race, whatever). Sound continues; I can hear myself hit the wall since I'm blind:( Only way to recover is to alt-tab to Windows and end app with task manager. Hoping someone else has seen this issue and has a resolution.

AMD FX-8350
    Geforce GTX 1060
    (playing in 4k)

2. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    What Wheel/Controller are you driving with?
    How much RAM does your machine have?

3. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    G920
    8Gb

I was overclocking the CPU about 10%. Not overclocking the GPU. I've since removed the overclock to see if it helps; wasn't having an issue with anything else, though. I'm also going to try the 32-bit executable to see if it makes a difference.

4. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You can also try resetting the games graphics options by deleting graphics_options.xml in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

5. rzsmith

rzsmith Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Update:
    After lowering the CPU overclocking from 10% to 5% hasn't happened again...knock on wood....

6. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Welp, problems with OC can have a million faces, so removing it as a first step when having a problem is always worth a try, glad that it seemed to help.