Problem Proximus (Belgium) RR Dedicated server - "no response from server"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Devidin, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I would like to use the Dedicated server. I can start it and setup the race, I can see my server in the server list, but when I connect to it, the game says "no response from server" (in French).

upload_2018-3-28_19-29-46.png
    My provider (Proximus) does not allow any port to be open just like that (it is not enough to do the settings in the router as explained in thread RaceRoom Dedicated Server How-To)

Has anyone be able to set up completely the network settings in order to have RaceRoom server working?

Thank you.

2. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    As far as a i know you HAVE TO open some ports for the server to be able to fully work. Maybe you can call your provider and ask them if they could open some ports for you?

3. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Svennixx.

I can indeed do that, but the only allowed ports are 80,443 and 23 with this provideder as you can see from the snapshot below. The alternative is to pay 30€ per month to have a fixed IP address and - I guess - the possibility to open other ports. But I am not going to do so...
    Maybe I could redirect these 3 to ports 6000, 6001 and 6002...but I guess I need to configure these somewhere in RaceRoom's configuration. This I don't know...

If you have any suggestions...

Txs

upload_2018-3-29_9-41-28.png

4. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Don't think there is anything else you can do to get it to work other than open those 6000 ports. :(

5. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Too bad... :-(

I'll try Sector3 support.

Thank you.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi Devidin,

looking at that screenshot I'm not 100% convinced that your ISP is actually blocking the ports needed for Raceroom multiplayer, but rather that they block incomming traffic on those 3 ports mentioned by default, for security.

You said you already set up a server and it was visible in the server browser? When you did that, was anybody else able to connect to your server?

7. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian.

You might be right. Normally I should have taken the appropriate actions, I will verify and post here a snapshot (when I'll be back home) of the ports mapping on my modem (all 6000-6002 ports on all protocols should be redirected to my PC).

(Google "Proximus Ouverture de port internet sur votre modem" to reach the explanations I applied)

... and I will check the firewall settings as well.

Regarding others, honestly as I could not do it, I did not leave it open a long time, but no nobody got connected.
    You think my PC might not be able to connect to itself? What should I verify to make it work?

Txs

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it could just be another case of the router in use not offering native NAT Loopback. I assume you're hosting the dedi on the same PC you're using to play the game? In that case NAT Loopback is a crucial feature which many modern routers (at least those provided by ISPs) don't offer anymore.
    But there is a workaround for that: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/

Another thing you could try is simply contacting your ISP and asking them if they are blocking the ports 60000 - 60002. The info on their website isn't conclusive about this, it just says "certain ports higher than 1024" are being blocked but it doesn't specify which. https://www.proximus.be/support/en/...t-ports-and-security/open-internet-ports.html

I'd suggest you check your firewall and port forwarding settings like you said, feel free to upload screenshots here. If those look ok try hosting a dedi and ask sb to join it. You can join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/fUT4Bdw and ask in there f.e. Usually I'm on there too, so feel free to contact me once you're back home and have a dedi running.

9. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Christian,

I missed your other question... Yes it was visible in my browser (locally on port 8080 if I remember well). I was able to configure the race I wanted (cars, locations, type of race, etc...) and launch the server (of course as I could see it from the server list).

Txs.

10. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Txs again Chrsitian. I will try your suggestions tonight.

HAve a good day.

11. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It worked fine. Thank you Christian. I can join my own game...
    Nevertheless, no one joined me yet...
    I try to reach you via Discord.

Txs

upload_2018-3-29_18-34-38.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Devidin

Devidin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After a try (and a short race), I can confirm this solve my issue.

In short:
    - in the modem define the mappings of ports 6000,6001 and 6002 to the server PC
    - Install Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback adapter
    - find out your current external IP address using an online service like "what's my Ip"
    - configure loopback adapter as shown above with that external address (network mask 255.0.0.0)
    - configure and start RR dedicated server
    - play!

Thanks again to Christian for his help!

(I will try to mark this thread as solved now, but I don't know how to do this)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There is a button to edit the thread title, but iirc that also only unlocks after you surpassed the spam-protection # of posts.