Problem FFB Disabling in RRE

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by D3L8OY, Feb 7, 2017.

1. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have had an interesting little issue that I wonder if anyone else has come across or if the Devs know what it might be.
    I have a Fanatec V2 base and BMW Clubsport Wheel. This is what happens
    I start a race, it doesnt matter what car or track. I start racing then at any time (say I have an incedent early). Restart the race and then may be restart a third time and the FFB on my wheel goes very weak, I still get the road feel and the vibration but very limited FFB.
    If I reboot the Wheel Base then all is good until I do another couple of restarts, then I have to reboot the base again and it FFB comes back.
    I though it might be the base over heating so I tried in iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Dirt 3, RFactor 2, F1 2016. None of these titles display the same issue, I have gone as far and doing up to 20 restarts of races in the other titles an nothing, all is fine. I go back to RRE and within about 3-4 restarts of a race the issue appears.
    I contacted Fanatec and sent the wheel in for a check and no issue, this is after I have had the PCB, fans, Motors and belts replaced. This issue has been happening for a while that is why I had the parts replaced initally thinking it was the wheel but is it definitally not the base as it would be something that would be consistant across every title is that was the case.
    Can you pleasce check into this and see if there is something that may be causing the issue after race restarts.
    Cheers

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you put your full system specs in your signature please , identify your motherboard , os etc , also can you tell us what usb port its plugged into , usb 2/3

Andi

3. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi,
    I have tried changing the USB to bot the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, there is not difference

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hi mate ,
    I have a Fanatec CSW v2 and I have no issues at all like this.

I recently replied to someone that was having a problem with their Fanatec and the first thing that came to mind was over heating due to very high ffb ,maybe this could be your problem, raceroom is known for its very strong ffb.

Try these settings in the link I posted for him,they may not be ideal but I know I can run for hours on them with no problems https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-on-fanatec-disappears.7178/#post-103536

In the meantime I'm going to check this out this evening.

Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  5. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Thomas for your response, I do not have any issues with the wheel over heating and extend play, that is not the problem. I Can play for 2-3-4 hour stints with no problem.
    The Issue is after a restart of a race two or three times, that may only be half a lap the FFB disappears. In fact the Base would not eve have a chance to get anywhere near hot, The fans are not even at the point to turn on.

6. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Ok I'm just going ingame now so I'll have a drive and get back to you ok

Thomas

7. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mate, just start a race do about half a lap, Restart to go strange back to the start finish line not into the menu. Do this three or four times.

8. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mate,
    I did as you explained but i can't replicate your symptoms unfortunately, i tried with fwd and rear wheel drive cars all times in race mode and restarted the race at least 5 times each time but my ffb is just exactly the same.
    I'll keep at it as i'm up for another hour or so and get back to you

Thomas

9. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate you checking this, I am baffled as to why this is happening. When it does happen I just restart the wheel base and all is good. RRE is my go to sim and it is just a bit frustrating when it happen. I at least have a work around (the restart) to keep me happily racing. Thanks gain for your help.
    Oh and one other thing os a completely different note, the last update to the AI seems to be making the AI not a spatially aware of your location when is a heated race. It is very brutal. Just wouldn't mind some feedback from the Deve on this. Cheers

10. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hi @D3L8OY
    I've really had a run at your problem today,I've more or less spent around 3hours trying to get my wheel to lose ffb but to no avail.
    The only time I had a loss of ffb was when I intentionally restarted my wheel then I could rev and feel the ffb but not drive for a few seconds until the sim recognised the wheel again.

I'm at a loss
    Out of curiosity how is your wheelbase connected to your pc ,directly into a rear motherboard USB 2 port ?

Are you using an extended cable ? Not that it should matter.

Did Fanatec check the power supply?

Have you checked for newer USB drivers for you motherboard?

I know by your signature you are very comfortable around your pc but sometimes it's the little things.

Thomas

11. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thomas for all your work, I sort of expected this as it is an unusual issue. Its not a deal breaker as all I have to do is restart the wheel and all is fine. I really like RRE over and above the other sims and am looking forward to all the improvements and updates.
    Thanks again for all your effort.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MacaRonny

MacaRonny New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem over here, I have tried everything, different USB ports and USB drivers, Chipset Drivers, Fanatec drivers and firmware, clean install RaceRoom, Deleted Simbin folder in Documents, thit a “sfc/scannow” in Windows , no problems where found.
    Still no solution??
    Think it’s a bug, cause turning the wheel on/off make the problem temporary go away, Restart the game without turning the wheel off, and I have strong FFB again?
    It usually happens after going in and out of the garage for a Copple of times.
    I noticed that when you go in the garage you use lose some off you FFB strength butt it will come back after you hit the drive button, butt with me this doesn’t happens no more after a copple off times ?

Turned out to be either the spring/damper setting, usually I never use those two settings in sim games, but I had a controller setting from the internet I was using. Turned those two settings off on my wheel, used the default controller profile from RaceRoom for my Fanatec V2 in which the spring and damper settings are disabled and the problem went away, think that with the default controller profile from RaceRoom the FFB feels even better then with the profile I had from the internet. With that profile, I think the spring setting didn’t come back up after a Copple of times going in and out of the garage.....

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    My guess would be some other software you have running maybe affecting your FFB, I had a similar problem recently (not RR related but USB) and it turned out to be Godmode, which I have used for years on all versions of Windows problem free. Got shot of it and boom all sorted. Turn off everything other than the basics for running RR and see if the issue persists, long shot (I laughed when I was told to get rid of godmode) but you never know!

14. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I apologise that I did not respond to this sooner, I found out what the issue was. It is the connection between the wheel and the base. If you remove the wheel and reconnect it the issue goes away. I found it was happening a bit so i cleaned the connectors and removed the wheel and replaced it a few times and I have not had the problem since. Sorry again for not replying sooner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Glad you found the problem.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fair shout, always something simple in the end, something I've not thought about, maintaining that particular connection between base and wheel, shall log that for future reference :D:D:D who am I trying to kid, forgotten my middle name so what hope remembering something important like that!

17. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Helo
    Im having the same problem you had. Could you please explain how you did to clean the conectors.
    Didnt you have the problem again since?
    Thank you
    Cheers