Impact of Vehicles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wadi, Jun 25, 2018.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Why in the world is that person driving straight when there is a corner there?

Of course the AI is going to turn and hit you because they expect you to not be braindead and do stupid things. :rolleyes:

I now understand what the phrase, 'single issue voter' means. Only 1 thing matters to that person, and even disregarding all logic and ignoring reality, they will still complain about it til the end of time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Just like Andi said your AI are faster then you. You should try what he told you to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I watched your videos and it seems you are placing your car in places trying to get the Ai to impact you just to show your point !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That last video wasnt a video of his own though.

So that means that there are 2 people out there like him. Oh my... :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I was referring to the vids names RaceRoom aggressive Ai part xx . I assumed they were his vids ;)

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh yeah, those seem to be made by him.

In that most recently posted video of the DTM cars at Oschersleben, that video was made by someone else last year. :p

7. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    nate said " Sadly, it seems like something wonky goes on in the physics engine when that sort of interaction between cars takes place"

Good for you, a beta tester attentive and awake.

We thank you all the players (like in the videos that you kindly comment) that we have that kind of problems and they never fix them.

please don`t forget to tell Sector 3 about the problems of crashes and impacts that never let races finish

you give me the reason in everything

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sector 3 - just to balance this utter nonsense - according to Steam since 2013 I have spent 732 hours in this sim and have competed in well over 1,000 races (all against the AI). I have had, perhaps, a dozen races end after incidents with the AI that, after careful review, I concluded weren't my fault. I have completed hundreds and hundreds of races with brilliant close racing at the front, in the mid-field and at the back! It's why I keep coming back.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    :
    NO ONE thinks the AI is perfect, but it is very very good at close hard racing. The flipside of that is that if you get off the racing line, brake too early or do something unexpected the chance of a collision increases greatly. Just as it would in the real world.

If you mean re-starts after incidents on lap 1 turn 1, yes I have had a few of those. But again you have to be super careful at this stage of a race. You need to drive as if you are in an imaginary marked traffic lane, leaving room on the inside and outside and staying in your lane until the field has sorted itself into a single line. I do have some turn 1 incidents but to be honest they are often my fault as the temptation to grab a couple more positions or cut someone off is too great.
    As legendary F1 commentator Murray Walker (and dozens of others) used to say: you can't win a race at turn 1 but you sure can lose it! Or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    A.k.a. as if you're racing against real drivers in a real race. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1