Good car and track combinations against the AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dungbeetle, Oct 28, 2018.

1. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I've recently been trying to find the best car and track combinations for racing against the AI, and I was wondering if anyone else has any recommendations where the AI seem to perform well.

By perform well I mean where they battle each other nicely and where they seem less likely to punt or tag you when going into and/or through bends, which some car/track combos seem to do more than others.

One I have found is the Silhouette Series cars on the RaceRoom Raceway GP circuit. In spite of the fact that this circuit is an absolute hoot of a roller coaster ride (which is a bit of a hidden gem, I think) the Silhouette cars race each other quite convincingly and position themselves well with nary a punt or shunt in my direction to be seen. :)

Can anyone recommend other combinations that seem to work well?

Thanks.

2. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    im running the 2015 WTCC cars and seem to be getting great racing with the AI at all the tracks I’ve raced so far. Monday, Laguna, Silverstone and Mid Ohio.

Will say, the 2015 WTCC cars are absolutely fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Group 5 Classics seem to go well.

I've had good races at Hungaroring, Portimao and Red Bull Ring so far.

While there were one or two nudges from the AI here and there, the cars don't seem to react too badly by the slight contact as much as some other classes.

I wouldn't be surprised if these cars went well on just about any track actually, and I'm beginning to wonder if part of the problem with some of the other classes might be that they over react to the slightest of contact - a slight tap at the rear and it's like your car has suddenly hit a patch of ice.

This kind of sensitivity might be more accurate for some of the lighter cars, but it would make sense to make them less sensitive to nudges given the AI's propensity to tag you through chicanes and turns on occasions.

4. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    NSU at Brands Hatch is fun

• Like Like x 1
  5. dungbeetle

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. The NSUs are great on most of the smaller twisty circuits. Mid Ohio Short is another good one. :)