Problem SteamVR crashes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lataloch, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Lataloch

Lataloch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, when I launch RR in VR, SteamVR crashes when
    the game window opens on my monitor. SteamVR shows me a 'resqueter' asking me to: Quit SteamVR or restart SteamVR. I have this problem since the previous update. I thought the new update would fix this, but it doesn't. Could you help me? (PS: I have a Reverb G2)

2. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I had the same and read a suggestion in another topic on this forum to turn off/opt out any beta version Steam VR and/or Mixed Reality VR. Restarted the PC and it worked again. Hope it also works for you?

3. Lataloch

Lataloch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, so I did what you told me and SteamVR no longer crashes. But another worry appeared now the game stays on a black screen in the headset as on the monitor. If you still had a tip I would be interested?

4. BrianBosch

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    pitch black when you look forward. Look down and you'll most likely see the starting screen somewhere virtually between your feet? If so be sure you've mapped a button to <center VR> e.g. the space bar. Click it once and the screen will center in the middle of your VR goggles.

5. Lataloch

Lataloch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU, you are a champion. I look like a fool for not having had the idea to put my head down ^^.
    I thank you again for your help. Bye

6. BrianBosch

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome. We can shake hands. I had the same 'experiences' in the past and others were so friendly to help me out. So I could say: experience expert ;)

7. djrace

djrace New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem.

8. Lataloch

Lataloch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello using the information BrianBosch gave me yesterday everything is working again. Hopefully this can help you...

9. djrace

djrace New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i found it. Raceroom launched on bottom and press center VR and done