Tyres slip/ scrub effect missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ak1982, Jun 29, 2021.

1. ak1982

ak1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all i need say the new FFB is great. You can feel the weight or weighttransfer of the car very good.
    The cerbs and all stuff around feels very good.
    But 1 Point is missing. The contact from the wheel to the Fronttyres.

steering - the most important thing in simracing feels so empty now

theres only force no feedback

In a real car you feel the tyres slip and scrub if you overdrive the car
    That was the best part of Raceroom, you could always feel the tyres. That was so much more immersion.
    Now i get the effect only on my shaker under my Seat. The Wheel is complete smooth and empty and a bit to springy in my opinion. that kills the immersion

I drove 99% Raceroom in the last 5 years cuz of this real feel of the tyres. All other Sims feels so empty also
    plz give us back the slip effect. if not a slider then let us draw a line in the config file or something

Who agree?

thx Alex

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what wheel base you use but I'm using a CSW v2.5 and I can definately say the slip and scrub feeling is there albeit subtle. Same with the curbs albeit some curcits the curbs have less feeling than others!

So I don't think the should put back the canned effects but I wonder if the could add an "Aplifier" slider for the tyre slip and curbs?

My guess is tho that now that it's physics baseed such and aplifier would also amplify other effects:cool:

3. ak1982

ak1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, im using a DD1. All of my Teammates dont feel the slip/scrub with different Bases.

I dont know why this always called "canned effects"
    even in your privat car you feel the tyres slip/ scrub if you drive a bit 2 fast in a corner or something.
    Or if you start with a wheeli in a frontdrive car the whole Wheel is vibration/shaking in Raceroom absolutly nothing happen in the Wheel.

I only get the Feedback on my Shaker. so its in the physics but the Wheel is absoloutly death/smooth .