Nordschleife Tourist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muzarati, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Just wanting some confirmation that what is happening is correct. o_O

When crossing the finish line on the Nordschleife Tourist layout, pitlane speed display pops up on the dash and crewchief tells me to turn in 160mtrs then all of a sudden I'm teleported back to the garage (or parking lot in this case)
    Is this what's meant to happen? You can't do a second lap? Also seems pitlane speed limiter doesn't work?
    First time driving this track so unsure?
    Thanks guys

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is the way the tourist layout works in RaceRoom. In real life, you also have to go back to the parking lot to start another lap. If you want to drive a complete lap including the long straight, you can use the slighty longer Nordschleife layout.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    But in real life you get to drive there rather than being teleported..
    This teleportation thing actually quite bugs me cuz it completely ruins the flow that i associate with doing some touristenfahrten laps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    In real life, you stand in a traffic jam at the exit for 5 minutes before you even get to the car park.
    And then another 5 minutes in front of the barrier...teleporting and driving straight back on is a bit better for the flow
    i think ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well cant completely disagree with that :D
    But given the number of ai you can run against and the fact that theres no barrier the traffic jams youll get in r3e are gonna be more managable and at least for me more enjoyable than going from 200kph to sitting in a car in a parking lot

6. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yes. But I am already happy that the car park with access through the barrier is simulated at all. That could also have been solved more "cheaply". In the end, the BTG time with racing cars is not that interesting anyway. I can't compare anything there with what I drive in real life anyway. For me, the tourist route in a game that only offers pure racing cars is more of a nice bonus.

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Sure its not the most important thing in the game but there are quite a few cars that id rather drive in a relaxed touristenfahrten setting than a serious session (m235i, zonda, dtm 95, gt4, gt2rs clubsport and so on) but the teleportation kills that for me

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think the reason is that the tourist layout uses the same code as the hillclimbs in the game. The hillclimbs didn't need some kind of pit lane, and they didn't change it for the tourist layout specifically.

9. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all your replies, I thought as much but just wanted to be sure.
    I must admit I agree with Nico, would be nice to be able to just trundle up back into the car park, the teleport does kill the experience a bit for me, like you say though, there are other layouts so it is a bit of a bonus anyway.

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Do you know how ai are handled on hillclimbs (if using them is even possible)?

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can use AI there. The hillclimbs should only be available in practice mode and in leaderboard challenges.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I see, mainly asking because the ai dont get teleported and enter the pitlane normally (at least iirc) although looking back i dont know why i even wanted to compare that behaviour to their behaviour on hillclimbs :D