Resolved vJoy not detected [Solved]

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Philippe M, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently had to reinstall Windows and since then R3E doesn't detect vJoy anymore. I've been relying on vJoy to use a StreamDeck as a button box and until this reinstall it had been working flawlessly.

I can see in ACC that the vJoy's id has changed, but there I don't have any problem to reassign the buttons. In R3E, vJoy reads as disconnected and trying to bind the buttons again doesn't produce any result as the virtual controller is not detected at all.

I tried to move my UserData folder to force R3E to create a new one, and when I look into the new device_statistics.xml, vJoy isn't referenced at all. I tried reinstalling vJoy, I tried reinstalling R3E, but so far nothing helped.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

2. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem long time ago. Which version of vjoy have you installed? I had to downgrade to an older version. After this it comes back to RRRE.

3. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer, Tobias! The version I have installed is 2.1.9.1. What's yours?

4. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  5. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I figured it out. For the records:

I installed the 2.16 but it still didn't work. Since I previously used the Configure vJoy application to set the number of buttons to 128, I tried its Reset All button. And it worked, vJoy was then detected from in game. I increased the number of buttons to 128 again, and it stopped working. So I tried 127 and it worked again!

So I reinstalled the 2.1.9, made sure the only thing changed from defaults in Configure vJoy was the number of buttons, set to 127, and it's still working! Yay!

Thanks for the replies, Tobias! It definitely helped.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello Philippe,
    I helped not very much, but I had try your fix. And it worked. I updated to the newest version of vJoy.

• Like Like x 1