Logitech G25 Steering Angle Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BelayLine, Dec 30, 2021.

1. BelayLine

BelayLine New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes my game will unexpectedly glitch and set my steering angle to the full range of my wheel, even if it's set to some other value.

For instance, at the start of a race, my steering angle might be set to 450 deg. It will work correctly for a while, but I may suddenly feel the steering loosen up and my wheel controller will begin behaving like the steering angle is set to 900 deg. If I check the car setup at this point, the steering angle will still be set to 450 deg. even though the game is using all 900 deg. of my controller.

The only reliable way I've been able to fix this is by changing the steering angle to some extreme value, going back to driving for a second, and then setting it back to my preferred value. This does work, but I cannot do this in the middle of a race without retiring, which is very frustrating.

Below are images of the difference between the hardware wheel position and software wheel position before and after the glitch occurs. In the "Before" image, the software matches the hardware while in the "After" image they do not match.

Before.JPG After.JPG

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Try running your logitech softwre as an admin

Andi

3. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello. Logitech has a secret.
    Use the buttons on the shifter. It works in every Sim on the fly.

Hold the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 Default

Timecode: 2:20

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  4. BelayLine

BelayLine New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Neither of these solutions has helped, unfortunately.

I think the problem is that R3E is bypassing the Logitech Profiler altogether and accessing the controller/device/firmware directly. It seems that as a result, the button trick from the video does not work when R3E is running. I can even run the game properly without the profiler running and the wheel works, but the same steering angle issue occurs.

I imagine the game itself has a bug that allows a glitch to occur, causing the steering angle setting to be ignored temporarily. When the setting is ignored, the game defaults to using the wheel's full range. If the setting is later changed and updated, the game is forced to read the entered steering angle again and goes back to using that.

I might try using the profiler to block direct access to the wheel by disabling the "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" option. This might fix the problem, but I'm unsure if that may cause any other incompatibilities with R3E's features.

upload_2022-1-11_19-58-56.png