Question HELP! Struggling with FRX-22

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tim Grainger, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's no doubt an element of driver error but I'm struggling with the FRX-22. The rear end spins out with almost any hint of acceleration in lower gears. Even on a straight I have to crawl through the gears to avoid spinning in gears 1-4.

Any tips other than a less heavy right boot....? Setup changes maybe? I'm using a G920 wheel with Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals if that helps...

Any help appreciated. I was really looking forward to this car and keep coming back to try it but I just can't drive it!

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Me too, but on keyboard it´s normal the RRE cars with no TC do that so I knew it wasn´t a car for me.

You could try using lower engine maps, playing with differential and KERS settings or indeed throttle sensitivity and travel so that it is less hair trigger. Other than that, practice, practice, practice. And avoid using less than 3rd gear, in real life they seldom do and if the do then they short shift.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's better to use higher gears even in slower corners to avoid this.

4. jirbun01

jirbun01 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    decrease preload, soften rear/stiffen front suspension, increase rear/decrease front wing

5. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Correct FOV in cockpit view helped me more than anything else. It's much easier to notice the beginning of over-rotation.
    But there are also other tweaks you can do to your system. Although relevant for all cars, every flaw has larger consequences in X-22.