Tire temperatures - setup helper

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by MarcoP, Aug 12, 2021.

1. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate. I tested with different cars and works fine

2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Short question are the calculations still correct, after the tire update? I never saw a preasure change in the tool since then, equal which car I drive, DPi, FR2, GT3 ... and lets say I take the GT3 and after 30 min drive the tool calculates -0.3 on the suspensin, so I do the changes, save the setups, drive again 30 minutes and the tool calculates the same data for the suspension like before.

3. ZeRoHuNt3r

ZeRoHuNt3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also saw that there was an update. I have always continued to use it with RRE.
    and I agree with Keanos' question.
    Current status at RRE

4. Gašper Miš

Gašper Miš New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same question as @keanos, before the update the app seemed to be very helpful but I'm kinda sceptical about it after the Decembers update.

5. Gašper Miš

Gašper Miš New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Basically no matter how long I drive, what I drive or how I drive, I get the same suggestions after it - even if I change it accordingly to the app, the suggestion next time is the same (only the cambers that need to be adjusted).

6. Supercyco

Supercyco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, great app, thanks for making it.
    Only thing I have is when the overlay for the distance is on screen, my FPS drops like crazy. I run triples with an 7900XTX capped on 100 fps and with the overlay on screen it drops to 60 and 40 fps with microstutters. Any suggestions?

7. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that mate, I run triples as well and my app has only minor influence on fps, but as some here already mentioned, it does not work anymore after the tire update.
    I will have to check, but it seems that the temperatures given by r3e are not the same they were before the update.

8. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Same for me, too. It seems that the tire temps given by r3e changed. I did not play raceroom for a long time now, but I tested the tire update recently. What can I say? It is perfect and I will use raceroom as my main sim again.
    I will check the data within the next two weeks, maybe I have to use other data after the update.

9. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I posted a question in the help area on the r3e discord. Maybe they can tell me which data should be used after the tire update.

10. Supercyco

Supercyco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thnx for the answer, will wait and see

11. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    That‘s the answer I got:

the temps changed, they are just not as sensible to camber as they were before. the optimal temp spread is not as big as it was before either. someone mentioned 5 degrees (don't remember if it was a dev or a player), but even that is usually hard to achieve without some extreme camber angles, so I'm not sure if it's optimal. modern GT3 cars usually have about 3 degrees temp spread on default setup

5.0 tyres are just very different than previous ones, it's not an API problem

So my tool is more or less useless. You can use the fuel calculator, but then I would recommend using second monitor by winzarten. It can calculate fuel and has a whole lot more cool functionality.

https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/releases

12. Supercyco

Supercyco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a bummer

13. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Oh thatt's sad. But thanks for creating this tool.