Question Why isn't the Citroen showing up?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PraiseDsun, Mar 21, 2022.

1. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can see the car and its skins in the files but can't find it in the game itself? Any ideas whats going on here? I don't see any issues with the files. Is it the game files itself? (I would post a screenshot but i'm not sure how to do so lol)

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  3. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Other cars that have a similar story are RUF GT3 and Porsche GT3 R (2017), both removed by Porsche's request. However the Porsche can still be seen in the game so that people who had the car could buy liveries for it. This often creates confusion for new players.

A way to get RUF is this pack (although you only get 13 liveries out of 20): https://store.steampowered.com/app/455270/RaceRoom__Nrburgring_Legends/

I don't know if there's a way to buy that 2017 Porsche.

4. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I got the premium pack but it didn’t show up. How much will it cost to purchase if i have most of the content? Except citreon of course (Also the car doesn't appear as an AI car, still can't be found)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Premium pack only gives you all content available in the store at the moment of purchase.

The packs I linked don't have any discount for owned content.

Yeah, I could get it wrong, need to check it... (At least it's correct for 2017 Porsche.)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  6. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, I don't think I can justify spending 25 euros on one car, I'm not made of money lol, maybe someday. Thank you for the information though. I might get it at some point. Not sure though

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Did you try running a WTCC race using the basic class selector instead of the custom selection menu? Might show up that way. (Can't test it myself as I own the Citroen.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I will try that. I wonder what your files look like compared to mine and if there are any differences that can be seen. I would just add the whole class itself into a race right?

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't use the AI picker tool, just chose a car from the class and select the number of AIs in the main menu. That way the game will pick AIs from the same class at random, including hidden cars/liveries.

10. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Im somewhat new to raceroom. I’ll try to figure it out. Just select a car from that class then turn on a bunch of AI and go into a race?

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    yep, leaving the AI picker tool (in the middle of the screen) empty. Simply select the number of AIs on the left of the race setup menu (underneath the user car selection box).

12. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If the car doesn’t show up is there a way to refund the product?
    ok thanks for the clarification, will try it

13. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep the Citroen appeared when I did what you said to do, but I can't use it myself

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah... you still can't use it as a player because, as has been explained, it is no longer available for purchase. Only people who owned it before Citroen requested it's removal still have access to it. But I thought you'd understood that and just wanted it on the grid as an AI car, which can be done using this method.

I doubt it. The store page has not included the Citroen since it was removed, so there is no argument that you bought the pack under false pretences. Seems a bit radical for the lack of one car anyway, doesn't it? There are plenty of other cars available.

15. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know, Im just a big fan of the French manufacturers. I live in the states so we don’t have them here. Only chance I get to see or drive them is on sims like this one. And even then most sims dont have them available to drive, or at least very few or not in classes I enjoy. I didn’t realize Citreon did a touring car so I was excited to be able to drive it. Only to attempt to buy it and realize it’s no longer available was a big disappointment. Sorry for the huge tangent and big misunderstanding.

16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It's in the car list for that pack, so a buyer is right to expect to get it:
    upload_2022-3-22_11-7-51.png

I'm pretty sure the files should be the same. As far as I know the game is not supposed to download anything after a purchase, it simply unlocks it for you to use it.

17. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I mean I saw it in the Picture for the WTCC car packs as well as the opening screen for the game itself so I expected it to be in the game. Also I think I understand. I’ll take a look at it. Maybe I’ll get it idk. I could be the Guinea pig for testing to see if its available lol. We’ll see, maybe

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the pictures are an interesting case...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    These too, shows up as a collectable card on steam, the steam banner i guess you could call it shows it too, as well as the launch screen and first loading screen after the original launch screen. If its not in the game you'd think they'd have adjusted it. It shows up a lot. Its just really annoying and disappointing to me. Its like false advertising.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... I have to agree with you actually. While the car is clearly not shown under the WTCC section of the store, it absolutely does appear lots of other places! That is very misleading, so I think it's time the store graphics were updated to reflect it's lack of availability.