Question What am I doing wrong? - can't select an Experience

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von jb2_86_uk, 6. Februar 2017.

1. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I am a newbie to R3E, I did my first race yesterday (single player, one of the free cars & free tracks), before the chequered flag had even finished fluttering I was on the store page buying cars & tracks like they were going out of fashion. Love it! I have been playing racing games casually for as long as I care to remember, I think it was TOCA2 which really lit the fire, but I am just now starting to take it a bit more seriously, ditching the console & controllers for a powerful PC and wheel/pedal/shifter set (Logitech G29). I even spent the last year or so building a sim-pit to house it all as a DIY project! Long story-short - I need/want to get better before I start playing online. I don’t want to get a reputation or lose the enthusiasm by repeatedly binning it and taking people out because I was too hasty turning off the traction control! (I’m also attempting to train my cat not to jump in my lap while I’m racing! so I am heavily reliant on the pause button at the moment!) Being new to R3E, I want to take time to learn the game’s physics and get to grips with my wheel (‘scuse the pun), whilst upping the AI & lowering my reliance on TC/ABS etc.

My question is, having bought the 2015 ADAC pack, I can see the cars and the tracks are now available – but how do I compete in a single player championship – without having to configure it all myself? I have seen screenshots and youtube videos showing a multi-coloured bar at the top of the menu screen which extends down when the mouse rolls over it, here people are able to select the relevant ‘Experience’. I don’t have this bar. What am I doing wrong? I downloaded and launch Raceroom via Steam – is that the problem?

Any assistance is appreciated!

JB

Anhänge:

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    First of all, ADAC GTM 2015 was never an Experience. It was just Car Pack

Secondly, Experiences in their previous form are gone. If you want to run championship you can use Rules Preset for GT Masters 2015, but still you have to do some adjustments and manually select all tracks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Rad, well that explains it hehe.
    JB

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Nice man cave you have JB :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Johnny, the sad thing is with work and responsibilities and blahblahblah, it has been sat like that, idle, for the last 12 months - in fact since I finished building it :-( I have now finally been able to blow the cobwebs off and start using it! I want to put up some black-out curtains, re-paint the room a manly dark grey, get a bit of motorsport art on the walls too, and maybe find a bigger telly - or a VR unit