Resolved Can't drive in a straight line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kerry, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I love R3E but haven't played it in ages, but it would seem that it now hates my T300 and refuses to drive in a straight line.

The calibration for my wheel looks fine. I have no problems in any other game.

When driving extremely slowly the wheel behaves sensibly, but anything beyond a crawl and the wheel is dead in the middle, and will "jump" from one side to the other as I turn.
    I seem to be using the default profile.

Any ideas? I'd love to try it in VR.

Thanks
    Kerry

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Do you have "inverted force feedback" set to On?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I had same regarding "dead in the middle", lowered the minimum force under FFB from 10 to 1. Deadzone almost gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Drink less, lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Smoke more, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions, although none have actually solved the problem :)
    I've put a video on YouTube to show what's going on.

I'm using the default T300 Profile, with default settings and the latest T300 drivers. R3E seems to have no problem with my controls when I try them out in the 'test zone', and no other game has any problem.
    Anybody else want to take a crack at this?
    Thanks!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    show me your T300 driver settings please. i also own a T300

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you have some old default profile for it? There were some changes. Try setting it to default.

9. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The closest I came for a wonky wheel setting with my T300 was with Inverted Force Feedback active. Oh boy, what a mess. But not the same as you experience. Maybe remove R3E and reinstall would help? Especially when Test Drive is normal working, but other modes not. Although I'm not an expert in any means, I would suspect corrupted gamefiles.

10. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Uninstalled, downloaded 22gb, reinstalled, problem still there :-(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you already try changing the "Inverted Force Feedback" setting in this menu?

[​IMG]

12. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes,I did try changing the "Inverted Force Feedback". No joy :-(

It's a real shame because I've bought most of the content and really enjoy playing it, but since going to Oculus I've been stuck in iRacing and would love to try R3E again.

13. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Is your T300 connected directly to your computer, or via a hub? Maybe that could be an issue. Or a USB3 port? Then try a USB2 port. Those things can cause strange issues. And you could also try to delete the the T300 drivers and reinstall them.

14. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for trying Patrick. I have reinstalled the drivers. The thing that is the most befuddling is that this problem only impacts R3E. Every other game (iracing, pcars, rf2, ac, race07, euro truck simulator 2) works fine.

Shrug.

I've tried to raise a formal ticket with sector3 support. Hopefully they will help!

• Like Like x 2
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Dont think this has gone unnoticed. If I had any idea as to a fix, I would have suggested some ideas already :p

Devs have been busy the last few days with some issues with the recent update, and being the weekend now, they likely wont see anything til they return to the office next week. I'll pass along that video above. Does nicely to show the issue, as baffling as that is :p

Sending a ticket to the help desk was also a good idea. Not sure what is going to be quicker, but somebody will get back to you. Hopefully soon.

• Like Like x 2
  16. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Your device settings are kept in Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience. Reinstalling doesn't always mean these settings are reset to default.

You could remove (or rename) this directory and let Raceroom rebuild a default profile, then you'd have to setup your wheel and forcefeed back settings again (so make some screenshots if you have done some tuning). In this way you are sure you are starting from a clean slate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Set the rotation to 900/1080 and let RR decide the correct setting per car. 450 combined with low steering lock and you get issues on the straights...

18. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Set spring an damper to "0" with 900 in rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kerry

Kerry New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Excellent idea! Thank you. I have now guaranteed that I'm not using some random configuration from 2015, and I had very high hopes that this would solve the problem.

Sadly it did not :-(

It's still completely unplayable. I can't even get out of the pits. On the plus side, I guess I could make some pretty funny videos :)

20. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0