DTM 92 downshift prevention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winter, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Since the last patch the DTM92 has downshift prevention, which doesn't make any sense.

Was this change intentional? Ignoring the fact that this is unhistorical, you don't even get a warning "bleep" like in the new DTM cars, which leads to much confusion when you shift to early coming to a corner.

Will this change be reverted? Or at least a "bleep" added, so you know whats going on?

2. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    And I thought my down shift paddle has a problem :sweatsmile:
    Good to know.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, haven't driven the DTM92-cars since the last update but AFAIK the Downshift-prevention was in those cars since the first release of that feature... On historical cars you should hear a gear-crank-noise instead of the bleep when you try to change the gears to early...

But maybe the RPM for the downshift has changed on those cars?!

4. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have a lot of kilometers with the Audi and I never noticed a downshift protection but then a few weeks ago while a league race on the NOS.
    Like I wrote, I thought my paddle had a problem. There was nothing to hear about any protection.

Maybe you're right and they changed the RPM.

5. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Im pretty sure i overreved the DTM92 Cars regularly while downshifting. Did you guys have that in Get Real or in Amateur mode? or both?

6. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    We are talking about Get Real. About Amateur I don't know, never drove that.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    dtm 92... paddle?? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    hey i suck at Heel and toe. :p Plus i cant fit the Shifter to my seat at the moment... gotta tinker something to hold on to.
    And yea i had the overrevs in get real. last time i drove the M3 Evo at the VROS Event a couple Weeks ago. and there it definetly didnt have a downshift protection.

9. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I have no shifter and that's no reason for me to not drive the old cars.
    I don't know, I can only talk about the V8. Winter drives the Benz and Mustang, don't know with which car this happened.

10. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    There's definitely some kind of downshift protection if you disable the H-shift option. You can press the downshift paddle all you want, nothing happens until you're within the downshift range - no damage, no crunch sound, nothing.

You also can't disable autoclutch if you do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  11. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I tested a lot of different cars right now and every of them has a downshift protection. Modern cars have a warning bleep and old cars (gtr1 too) not.
    It's exactly like Case wrote.
    I think that wasn't before. Isn't it?

12. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    To be more precise, it changed after the big GT3 update. Which added the AMG GT, the new Corvette and new R8.

13. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that wasnt intended tho, i mean its kinda unrealistic in the Manual Cars to have downshift prevention, even if you use paddles.

14. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Every car in Raceroom has now a downshift protection. I can't remember that this was added to the changelogs but now you know it.