I need to tell someone how big an idiot I am.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleeve, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Cleeve

Cleeve New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Because noone around me gives a shit about raceroom, i was looking at my settings and for whatever reason only just noticed that iv been driving for the last year now with an upper throttle deadzone of 6% so I have only been getting 94% full throttle this whole time. Im such a fkn idiot, I had to tell someone who knew what i was talking about.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    :confused:
    thats means u had on-off switch as a throttle... not a 94% of full throttle.
    6% upper throttle deadzone = 6% of throttle input will translate to 100% in-game throttle

anyway, u can check in the game the pedals overlay to see if u get full throttle or not

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cleeve

Cleeve New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i dunno maybe it wasnt the upper throttle thing but when i pressed my pedal down full was only 94%, so whatever that translates to in the settings thats what was happening. i fixed it anyway. i was just saying i was a dope, cheers for clarifying what particular kind of dope i was though ;)

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    after getting new pedals I drove with constant mininum brake input for several weeks, wondering why I couldn't keep up with the rest. At one point I had the idea to check the input meter in raceroom and saw that the brake pedal was a tiny bit pressed (enough to kill my topspeed). Adjusted the deadzone then in deep shame.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cleeve

Cleeve New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    the shame is real, i feel it, so badly i wanted to share it with people who would understand, like yourself.

its like a new game, iv been going back over all my leaderboard times and easily, easily matching and beating the times by roughly a second every track. im still cringing, such an idiot lol

6. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Same here, when I got the new pedals it took me a couple weeks to get that all straightened out. It took a few days of racing online before I started to suspect something. I think mine was 5-10% lost in the upper limits. Very noticeable at the high speed tracks not so much at the smaller tracks.
    Just think how much faster you are going to be now!!! have fun

7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I used to find myself stuck in something simple and bizarre only because I was ignorant towards the game/ sim. the golden rule is making sure you experiment with everything even if you think it may not be a good idea. For instance, spent a significant amount of time setting up the OSW wheel and to vibrate to my liking. All I had to do is change the value to 0.9 in control set ( FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.9" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration). Hence that this is only relevant to my setup and may not be for others. Now got exactly what I want but it took ages due to my ignorance.

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1