Flat spots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cosmic, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Is it normal/intended that flat spots have a pronounced effect on steering and handling? I understand the vibration and some affect but I get really strange FFB when I enter turns. It feels kind of like reversed FFB at times, like the wheel wants to flip flop back and forth or soemtimes you turn in and there's no resistance. The last time this was happening I let the car slowly coast off the track and took my hands off the wheel, the wheel slowly turned in one direction and then the other.
    I'm using a Thrustmaster t500rs

2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I think it should be exactly that. Try it at home with an half cylindric shape and roll it over a straight line. You see the object wobbling and going up and down. Now try and rotate it while still going forwards: It slips left right up and down. This is a model which should represent the reality quite exaggerated. The general idea should still be clear.
    Also don't forget the different torque of a object with such a shape. I think it is pretty interesting how a bit non cylindric shape can effect the overall forces.
    Greetings

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    @Cosmic what you describe is a bug mostly specific to T500, unfortunately you gotta erase flat spot lines in some config file (dunno which one, im not the wheel owner) to fix that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, good to know its already being looked at.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Dont hold your breath, its here since december :p

• Funny Funny x 1