Will There Be a Summer 2021 Sale This Year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by weikaitsai, Jun 25, 2021.

1. weikaitsai

weikaitsai New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I noticed 2019 didn't have the sale notice on steam either, so I am worried there will be no sale for 2021.

2. mysterious man

mysterious man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping so much for discounts, but nothing yet =(

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I´d say a Steam DLC sale is definitely not going to happen and at best their might be a shop sale of some sort on 1st July, but prepare to be disappointed.

It was a shock all the new content came out just prior to the traditional summer sales, perhaps this year the publishers thought it was better to push new features and content than compete on price.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    But there was a sale in 2019 and all the other years too. You can check the price history here: https://steamdb.info/app/272770/

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    But the summer sale has only just started. Discounts can still be added later, as it happens sometimes with other games.

6. mysterious man

mysterious man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that's true! Hope it get's discounted. I really want the dtm pack, for all the tracks.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes but why do that once people have rushed to buy other stuff?
    There was no Easter sale either - the last one was that CNY thing in February.
    Radio silence suggests that it won´t happen - or maybe everyone so obsessed with force feedback it probably doesn´t matter anyway.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You mean DTM experience?Shop around online outside Steam. Aldi supermarket had them all for about 4-7 euros last year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    For the same reason they did the sales in previous years.

Did they always announce it beforehand? Last year the email notification came on 26th. A year before that - on 27th.

It's too early to decide it won't happen. Especially since the devs were busy with this important update.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    That´s not what I was getting it. In previous years the RRE sale has always coincided with Steam sales - sometimes even starting ahead of it like 2020 BF or not at all (Easter 2020).
    If you start a sale after everyone else then you risk them buying other games that were discounted and it looks a bit like an oversight.
    Every day that passes means it is less likely to happen - or more likely to happen if you are looking forward to the next (not summer) sale.

The emails don´t matter - Steam sends them late too, but the actual sales have always gone hand in hand as far back as I can remember.

11. weikaitsai

weikaitsai New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Very well put. This is exactly what I am worried about. If they dont hold a sale now, by the time they issue a sale, people would have already spent money on other products. Based on previous sale history, I also dont see any summer sale that started days after steam summer sale, but I do notice some years didnt seem to have summer sale at all.

12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Every single sale there are people that complain the sale ended too soon (when they had 10 days to act) or that they bought something the day before the sale started so maybe having no sale solves those problems.
    It kind of makes sense to experiment with not having one and instead selling on the strength of the new content and updates - Apple have not done too badly with that strategy. The marketing department can figure out whether that was the right decision and change tactics in the future - or not.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  13. weikaitsai

weikaitsai New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's a really good point, maybe they want to test the recent update to see how much increase in sale it can bring in alone.Then, they can evaluate whether good updates bring more revenue or sales. To be fair to RaceRoom though, the premium package with vrp is a HUUUGE discount for the content RaceRoom offers. No other game can beat the price of the premium package purchased with vrp.

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I´ll raise you PC2 for 9 euros on that one - let the hate start!

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Where do you get one?

16. weikaitsai

weikaitsai New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?forums/news-announcements.2/
    Look through them and you will find announcements for previous sales. Or, go to RaceRoom's steam community hub - > news. This will also include previous announcement for sales. You can also search on google for keywords like "raceroom sale 2020" but the results aren't as consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This one is unreliable, though. A news article for Summer sale 2018 came out one week later.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Best source I found for the RRE shop:
    https://www.facebook.com/raceroom/photos/?ref=page_internal

Here is a summary of the last sales/promos not counting weekly ranked promo offers: All posts were on the day the sale started. Someone else can compare with Steam sale dates if they like trainspotting. I also included SOME of the major annual game feature evolutions for reference. Many nice sound, track detail and dedi server mods have also been made but for brevity have been left out.

2021: NEW UI (incomplete) FOV calculator/FFB/car physics/sparks/BOP personalisation/ new replay model.
    Summer 2021: nothing yet
    Easter 2021: nothing
    Feb 11-15th Lunar sale 30% off all cars and tracks and 50% off selected tracks
    2020: New setup menu/car physics/engine maps/engine braking/cool down lap/ranked server beta and weekly rotations. F2P Lada
    Xmas 2020: nothing except for free access after server problems
    BF 2020 24/11-8/12: 50% items 25% packs
    Summer 2020 24/6-9/7: 50% items 25% packs
    Easter 2020: nothing
    COVID Free days 19/3-23/3 free access to everything
    2019: Daytime transition/FFB/car physics/tyre pressures/flat spots/suspension damage/HUD resize
    Xmas 2019 Free days 20/12-23/12 free access to everything and 20% off selected items
    BF 2019 26/11-3/12 (later extended a couple more days): 50% items 25% packs
    Halloween 2019 dates unknown 20% off selected items
    Summer 2019 25/6-9/7: 50% items 25% packs
    Easter 2019 18/4-24/4: 25% off packs 30% off items

In conclusion, there is a trend to less generous and frequent sales. We should also take into account that more recent shop items generally cost more than older tracks/cars too. On the other hand, the Premium Pack is better value at RRP as it includes more items for the same price as in 2019. The game is also being developed, unlike AC or PC2 for instance.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  19. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Today is 29th.. seems there's no summer sale this year?

It looks strange with the other sims in Steam with nice discounts...

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think I called it correctly last week. If there is no sale on the 1/7 then there won´t be one till the next time there is a sale!