Problem Can't start competitions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Josef Flores, Apr 2, 2021.

1. agkarpov

agkarpov New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    I just checked the presence of this problem on another PC in my account. And there isn't problem, i have on my PC. I was be able take a part in time-attack compitition, I've made a time on my PC. But after that, I can't re-enter on my PC compitition, in which I've made a time on another PC.
    Besides I can challenge another participans on another PC and can't on my.
    So, I think, cause of the problem is not on the server, but in users computers. Maybe because of firewall setup...
    What do you think? What could be the causes?

2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the feedback @agkarpov! Will forward this to the devs!

3. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I was having issues getting the game to start with errors connecting to the server, but occasionally it would connect and launch, however when I would do any competition the game would crash upon quitting out to the leaderboard (i'd get the smoking car Error 403 I think it is) and have to quit to desktop since the "back to game" option did nothing.

I thought it was the RR servers, but I was also getting DNS errors while loading certain web pages. So I looked into my router config and it was showing only one DNS server and no Alternate DNS server. I had it refresh the connection to my ISP dns servers and it had both servers listed. I went back to my pc and ran CMD prompt (run as admin) ipconfig/flushdns, restarted and now things are working! I'm not sure they are the same issue, but seem similar...

4. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
  5. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    No problem!

However I did forget one of the changes I made that could be what solved the issue, and that was to Enable IPv6 in my router. I noticed while checking for my dns settings for my network adapter that it said no IPv6 connection available (or detected..can't remember exactly what it said lol), so I checked in my router setting and IPv6 was disabled.

Unfortunately I changed this setting at the same time I refreshed my DNS server settings, so I'm unsure which one was responsible for fixing the problem! But since this could have been it, I figured I'd make a note here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. toni-frieser

toni-frieser New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, no it still doesn't work, on the contrary, it's getting worse, my son can no longer join if he drives a timed lap.
    He doesn't live at my home, 200km away, not that the suspicion could arise, it was due to my internet connection.
    Greetings Toni

7. toni-frieser

toni-frieser New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, now it´s starting to stop saving my times in the ranking list in time attack mode, great o_O !
    Game & Computer restarted, sometimes not then saving it again, etz... :(
    No competitions, no time attack, what now? :rolleyes:

8. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Still the same today... RaceRoom doesn't start at all.

I was able to launch it once but no time was recorded in a hotlap competition. I tried the windows compatibility settings without any success.

9. bonzoalex

bonzoalex New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,

Any step forward with this issue?

I just tried after formatting and fresh install of Windows 7 and the last version of RR from Steam and updated GPU drivers. But I keep having the same issue, so I'm confused taking this into account:

10. agkarpov

agkarpov New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, everybody!
    I've solved the problem on my PC!
    After updating windows from W7 to W10 I can finaly re-enter the compititions again and challenge other time-attack participants. However, I didn't reinstal RR.
    So, if you haven't updated windows to W10 yet, then let's. Now there is a real reason to do it.:grinning:
    I hope you will solve this too. Happy to help:grinning::sunglasses:

11. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    So do we know for certain that Racerooms Competitions (and also the Challenge issue in TT) is caused because Win7 is not compatibl with Raceroom anymore?
    Or is it just a coincidence - that is not really related?

12. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think 100% everyone here that solved this issue is by doing win7 upgrade ton win10...

Including me...

Being racking up ranking races and online competition time attack everyday now without issue like this anymore

13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I see three people who solved it this way, but I'm on Win7 too and I don't have this issue with competitions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Good one.:)
    Because it is a problem with all socalled inductive conclusions (like Win10 is the solution) that there only have to be one exception to prove it false.
    Its called The White Swans falacy - or something like that :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well.. if u dont have the issue on win7.. its your luck...

All of guys reporting here also didnt have the issue untill it happens...

I have tried every possible solution listed as potential fix... No bueno...
    -dns
    -lan internet
    -wifi internet
    -mobile data hotspot internet
    -windows kbxxxxxx hotfix
    -windows update
    -windows security fix update
    -windows rollback of multiple updates/driver
    -reinstall r3e
    -reinstall steam
    -moving install location
    -prefix add on launcher

And so on.. didnt fix it... I lived with the fact i can leave any fresh competition and come again as long as i didnt set valid laptime...

Once valid laptime was made.. i need to keep improving the timing...then leave the competition for good... (Or play multiplayer open/ranked lobby)

Eventually its time im upgrading my pc along with fresh win10 install... And problem free till now... (Apart from usual r3e ranked race bug)

Maybe when its your time, u can do the same like me.. try every possible fix...

Or jump straight to fresh win10 for quick fix...

Its your call.. and enjoy r3e.. cheers

16. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that looks pretty convincing.
    So it must be Win7 thats the cause - right?

17. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not blaming win7 or game itself entirely...

Probably there is some implimentation or programming/security codes or whatever in the software miss-match or not play nice with each other...

Im not really software savy... So i just can guess that much..

Cheers

18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Have anyone tried reinstalling Win7? I mean, what if the issue is some weird restrictions/settings having been applied at some point.

19. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Good thinking.;)
    Because IF the install of Win10 does solve this problem THEN its probably only because such an install does completely change/refresh some pretty basic and urgent parameters in the complete OS install.
    And something similiar would probably also happen if it was Win7 that was completely reinstalled.

Hehe but no I dont want the trouble of testing it out on my running Win7 install.
    Because its the same extremely stable install I have been running since 2010.:)

20. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Probably it would work as well...

Its just for me... Since most newer game such as wrc10 didnt support install on win7... Its the natural choice to went ahead with win10...

Cheers

• Funny Funny x 1