I switched to iRacing, but I still have lots of love for Raceroom.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Nov 10, 2021.

1. stlutz

stlutz Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's always worth mentioning to the offline people that there is a more comprehensive championship tool available if the in-built one doesn't give you what you want:. https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...hip-tool-sp-mp-races-creates-html-reports.79/

I'm one of the people who mostly does SP just because I have fun 95% of the time. Couldn't come close to matching that with MP. I hope R3E continues to develop AI and the overall SP experience

• Like Like x 2
  2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I use that tools as well and can only recommend it if you want to have different points system

3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I decided to renew my expired iRacing subscription solely for the AI advancements in the number of cars and tracks and after spending a several hours I was impressed with the improved feel of the cars and the graphics from what I remember in my previous experience.
    Having logged more hours, by far, on R3E than all others combined I have to say IF iRacing is the standard, then R3E is as close behind as one can get when it comes from a driving point of view. The FFB feel to me is closer to each other than any other SIM driving experience I have had.
    The iRacing license system seems like it still has too many people that if they feel the least bit slighted are more than happy to ruin others races by deliberately smashing into you. R3E, since their rating system went into affect, I have not had a single such incident, with iRacing I have had two out of the five races I did this weekend where someone decided to slam into me (no accident or mis-juding a breaking point, flat out cut across the track to take me out) and my ratings plummeted. Anyone who has ever raced with me knows I give ample room to those that are faster, I digress.
    Having said all that I will continue to participate in AI championship in iRacing and hope the full compliment of cars and tracks become available because as far as I am concerned the number and quality of tracks in iRacing is hard to beat.

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The improved feel of the cars and the graphics are noted. Plus, with a touch of colour (Digital Vibrance), it can look just like in real life. (see image below). No filters, just a colour Digital Vibrance turned down in Nvidia Control panel.
    20211113_121151.jpg

As for the FFB, both RR and iR have the same pros and cons. Some cars feel brilliant, and a few other cars feel like crap. Day and night transition in iR is also superb, but I don't care about that. I love the RR gear shifting effect. No other sim title has it as good.
    An iR online racing experience is unparallel in comparison. But, of course, it is important to mention that Rookie and D licence holders will have difficulty dealing with idiots. It can be very frustrating until you reach an A or B licence with a safety rating close to 4.0. At this point, you will be able to race against clean drivers. It makes sense.
    My buttkickers work much better in iR for some reason. But, of course, it could be that SimVibe offers poor support for RR or something else? Anyway, it's not a big deal, still good enough for RR.

Finally, I want to remind everybody that my only complaint is the poor online RR racing service. That's all. Otherwise, I love everything about it.

• Like Like x 3