T300 RS GT Fan buzzing noise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaksoTS, Jan 7, 2022.

1. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    <<I've posted this on a latest post that was intended to raise awareness regarding the new driver that is no longer compatible with win 8.1 and older but it didn't caught much attention.>>
    So, my wheel that has been rma'd 2 times before has been producing a buzzing noise that comes on when the wheel auto forces the fan on (first time it enables itself as a few minutes pass by and it becomes hot) or when i force it to work after the first few minutes pass and its been used. As the time goes by it typically starts to behave normally(usually after i force it off/on again). I've noticed that lately, the wheel forces the fan on and is consistently buzzing. So, i have to wait for a few seconds for it to stop and reenable it in hopes that it stops buzzing(it is that loud).
    The fan has been replaced twice as TM noticed that the previous fans has issues as well(buzzing). The third one started buzzing a few months down the road and i had to force it on/off to get it to work silently..
    Is there any way i can make it stop at this point? I'm afraid that the buzzing noise has become more frequent and longer lasting. If this persists, i guess i might have to get in contact with TM and will perhaps wait for a 4th rma. However, im not quite sure if it'll be accepted as warantee might be due at this point...

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Considering how they are done, im not sure, if there is something you can do with a current one or if there's even a point with new fan so being so cheap. I had buzzing fan aswell, i replaced it myself and new one started buzzing too at some point- interestingly enough, it was always at the beginning and always for the same amount of time (around one minute), so no problem at all.
    Long story short, you can try contacting TM, but keep in mind that new fan is cheap, easy and fast to replace
    (also, its a raceroom section of the forum, not hardware :D )

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue after ~2 years with my original fan, I replaced it myself, and after another two years, the second one has just started to become louder and louder again a few days ago, so now I'm thinking of purchasing a small Noctua fan. Altough that one has a 3-pin connector, while the base contains a 2-pin one, I'll need a cheap converter from China or some homemade magic.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Get a 2pin from original fan, its easy to replace

5. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    means the fan is dead and you need to replace it. its just a JST connector

6. CmB

CmB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    small world :D
    i just replaced mine with a 60mm 12v noctua
    i used a youtube video as a guide took me like 20 min.
    just cut the wires from the original fan and either use heat shrink tubing or insolation tape.

7. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My advice is to replace it with a night time. There are many tutorials on the net with videos. Mine has been forced for more than 3 years without noise. They are also more efficient