AI; place on track and Indycar sound.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    After taking the Indycar out for a drive against the AI again, I ran into the same problem I always have with AI, not just the Indycar; they are everywhere!

Now I have set 19 AI and at any given track, they are in front of you, being in the way.
    Leave a gap? No, there is one behind you, and another one......and another one......and so on.
    Five in front, a whole lot behind; I had the idea I had messed up and set 300 AI.
    Seriously; not only when starting the session (it's off course practice I'm talking about now) but in the middle of the session too, always.
    The lot of them are around me, messing up my lap times. 20 laps in; ONE timed lap......the rest is messed up.
    They are always in a hotlap, none moves over, and you can't find a gap.
    Time and time again I noticed this.
    Such a good game; I leave it for what it is again for months after this, it happened before.

Why can't this be fixed?

Also the Indycar; what's up with the sound? When the AI shifts, its like shots being fired!
    Very loud, very sudden......it really needs fixing.

Now an update came out, a bit more toe-in (or something like that) is nice, but when you can not drive a proper lap with just 19 AI, its no use.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Fixed what exactly?

Do you expect them to always give way? That would reduce them to a mere cheering crowd for you, the player, and it will break immersion since you're supposed to be one of many drivers, not the center of the universe.
    Or do you expect them to give way sometimes? Like, they get two "modes": driving and fast lap, and they will give way while they are in "driving" mode but don't do that if they are on a fast lap.

Also I think the AI behaviour in quali requires fixing too. Two modes like that would help, although won't completely fix quali issues (they also need a hint of strategy, as in, arrange some free space in front before starting their fast lap).

3. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No, I don't think I'm the centre of the universe. Just a bit weird I write my findings, the same findings that made me not play the game anymore and you pick it up like this.

Anyway; when the AI just got out of the pit or going into it: they are in a fast lap.
    Next problem is; with 19 AI on a 3 mile course; there should be some space somewhere, right?
    You leave them by but they just keep coming......so the game seems to make me the centre of the universe ;)
    Did they make it so, were they afraid the player is going to think there are no AI?
    Because al 19 of them are in the quarter of track around me.........

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry for the tone of my comment. Basically I agree with you that their behaviour is not always realistic and some improvements would be welcome.

Maybe it looks like that because they all leave the pits right away and so do you, then it takes many laps for them to spread out. I'm quite sure they don't specifically target to go out near you.

5. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Its all okay.

The thing is, as I wrote in my first comment; they keep near me: middle, end practice......always.
    There is no space to be found, ever.

6. Henrik Fredborg

Henrik Fredborg New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The AI does not respect blue flags. When they come out of the pits and you are on a hotlap they will never give up position. This should really be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 3