Severe reputation penalty due to game crash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RogerSaele, Mar 4, 2022.

1. RogerSaele

RogerSaele New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was doing a ranked race. At the time my reputation was just below 93. I barely got around the first corner before the game crashed on me. No error message or nothing, just vanished. Oh well. Then I see I got a 9.2 drop in reputation!? :eek: Isn't that way too harsh? Not too bothered about the drop in rating, but I try to keep my reputation up (and never rage quit).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    For something that you had no control over, that's definitely way too harsh. This issue was raised many times, I myself offered two ideas on how reputation system can be changed to deal with this issue, but I don't know if anything is going to change.

If you're interested in how it worked:
    - from a server point of view it's impossible to say if a disconnect was deliberate or not, so it treats all disconnects as deliberate and gives you 3 incident points;
    - these 3 points are weighed against a number or corners you passed in that race, which was very low so you get a max rep loss;
    - max rep loss is 10% of your current reputation.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  3. t zeluf

t zeluf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats not bad my disconnect cost me from 92rep to 73rep couldn't even join races that was the end of my ranked career lol

Attached Files:

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's another thing. x2 points for your first 20 races.

5. RogerSaele

RogerSaele New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know there have been complaints about the penalty system before, but the game has crashed on me many times, and I cannot remember to have ever received such a hard penalty (and I am sure my reputation at the time was similar to what it was now). I was wondering if it was something new. I've had awful races, where I even got disqualified (35 incident points) after lots of contact (probably most which not my fault...I would like to believe that at least). Even then I only got -4.3 in reputation. So in comparison, you disconnect, which might have been intentional or not, and get over double the penalty. I don't see the logic.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s all about how far you get in the race. The closer to the end, the lower the penalty.

7. t zeluf

t zeluf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol whats the point in that ? just to keep newcomers from playing

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It works both ways. If you are clean and fast then you get to play with the big boys in record time as your rating and rep go up faster too.

9. RogerSaele

RogerSaele New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Happened again. Was on the grid ready to start the race, then the game crashed before the race started. Another 8.5 drop in rep.
    [​IMG]

10. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, we are in the same boat, Roger.
    Went from 1744 and about 90 rating down to now 1517 and 76.

I can do one 15 minute race or maximum two and gain points. Then in the next race, the game just closes from self and down we go again.

Sadly, i have no solution and I have tried many things to "fix" this bug.

11. Robert Hermann

Robert Hermann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Two weeks ago the same happened, after a nvidia update it was good for three days. Now the same starts again. Opened a ticket and never got an answer, that was three weeks ago.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  12. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Did some challenge today and again, game is closing after some time.

What I dont understand, why isnt there some tracking about the used hardware of the guys with exact this problem, so it would maybe possible to find out what causes this bug ( like AMD cpu, this gpu, 2nd soundcard... ). And yes, it must be a bug because this phenomena only happens in RR ( I just raced another sim for over an hour without any problem ).

13. Robert Hermann

Robert Hermann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I installed a firmware update on my TM ts-xw racer today. I had no problem today for about four hours and three races in ranked multiplayer.
    Hopefully that was it now.

14. willdj72

willdj72 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ive taken massive hits as well when a server crash happens. Its random and doesn't happen often but boy when it does and you watch your ratings plummet it kinda hurts cause you know you have to grind out at least 5 races with big grids to get back where you were. This may seem like obvious info, but I hope your an ethernet user and your ISP service is pushing good MBPS consistently with minimal drops. More obvious info is to do a few internet speed checks to see where you fall on numbers. Its impossible to know what your ping is when connected to these servers. I think the only servers Ive ever been disconnected from have came from Oceanic. Where is Oceanic considered? Although as of late I have raced in a few and had no issues. There was a update yesterday may 22, so maybe it included something in regards to this issue. One more thing do you start the game in steam or just click onto the desktop icon?

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Oceania servers are in Sydney, if I'm not mistaken.