Steering Wheel Rim animation way off in the new Ferrari GT3 in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Aug 21, 2022.

1. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Evening all
    I play in VR and all cars in raceroom align perfectly with my DD2 and respective rim’s, with the exception of the new Ferrari GT3.
    If I use in game steering lock of 540 in car set up, I’m having to then go into graphic options and change wheel animation from 360 degrees to 170 degrees and then it aligns perfectly.
    All my other cars are set to 360 degrees for wheel and hand animation and they align perfectly.
    I have tried different in game steering locks ranging from 540 to 1080 and with wheel animation set to 360 degrees my real life rim is always behind the virtual rim. At 540 it’s ridiculously behind and at 1080 it’s still very noticeably behind and is very distracting.
    I’ve only used the 21 and 27 livery cars and they both have the same issue.
    Like I said I have a work around, I set in game steering lock to 540 and change in game wheel animation setting to 170 degrees, but I’d prefer it to be as seamless as all other raceroom cars.
    Many thanks

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    known and reported, thanks for the message

• Like Like x 2
  3. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Oh, are you ****ing kidding me?!

I stumbled into this the other evening, and thought the either controller profile and/or Simucube software had stopped behaving, and have since spent a good 3hrs faffing/updating/resetting both. I gave up with it last night in a bad mood.. - That Ferrari just happened to be the car I was testing.

The weird thing is that I'm sure it wasn't like it when I first bought the car, and even during my testing there were times it was ok.

I was also getting a very nasty full-force jolt to the wheel when quitting the sim which sent the wheel freely spinning, and caused the True Drive software to loose connection to the wheel. This added to me thinking it was something more 'serious'.

*Edit. To me it looked like a x2 multiplier on the wheel anim. If my real wheel was at 45° the game would be at 90° etc.

4. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It’s weird how some folks including me will blame their hardware first for faults and bugs rather than the game itself.
    I must admit I didn’t notice it day one and not sure it was there. I got back from my holiday, did a few laps at Assen and I was like what’s going on here?
    I jumped into the Merc DTM 2016, then the Ferrari DTM 2021 and finally the Porsche GTE and they were all fine, so I concluded it must be only the Ferrari GT3 and shared my findings here.
    Sorry you lost some hours faffing about.
    My natural instinct is to blame my hardware first too ( no idea why ), but then my head says DD2 and raceroom have been perfect for two years and the brand new content is a bit broken, let’s blame the content first James and trouble shoot that first!
    That moto will apparently save me approx three hours haha.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  5. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    im 98% sure, it was fine on release

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Turn the in game wheel off and it's flawless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I use the onscreen wheel as a point of reference when I am eyeballing my FOV. For my method to work I need to turn the wheel 90º while the car is sitting still. Once I have the view set, I tend to hide the wheel.

I know this would work for someone who is looking over the steering wheel in front of them, but I believe they would want to see the steering wheel in VR. So if the wheel is spinning fast while barely turning their physical wheel, that would be a problem. Would it be as unnerving as not having the steering wheel displayed while racing in VR?

8. jamesleegte

jamesleegte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I’ve not even checked to see if this has been fixed haha
    The only way I can describe VR is that it fools you into believing you are in the game. If you take any part of the virtual you out of the car, that would completely shatter the immersion and you wouldn’t feel connected to the car.
    Try playing half life Alyx without arms connected to guns to shoot and reload with and only having floating guns or taking the arms out of walking dead so you have floating melee weapons. That would completely destroy the immersion and take us out of the game. The exact same principle applies to driving sims.
    If it wasn’t for the work around in the graphics tab, I would have had to of stopped using the Ferrari entirely because it was hurting my head and I didn’t feel connected to the car.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Floating hands (no arms, not to mention rest of the body), max immersion! :D