1. We are currently in maintenance mode. RaceRoom will be back soon. Thanks for your patience!

Track Penalty: Slow down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leto Tirdania, Jan 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Leto Tirdania

Leto Tirdania Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it works in multiplayer, but in single player race, I cut through lots of grass and got no slow down penalty, even though it was enabled.
    How is it even supposed to work? Is my speed forced down like in pitstop?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the game doesn't think you gained any time and that's why didn't get any slowdown? Try cutting Raidillon at Spa, it did give me the penalty (although not nearly as much as it should have). Also I feel in multiplayer these track cut slowdowns are more strict, as in they appear more often.

3. Leto Tirdania

Leto Tirdania Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I found out why it didn't work. Someone in Discord said its because flag rules need to be full.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, slow down penalties in single player races are actually different from those in multiplayer races. They are much stricter in multiplayer.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Still dont understand why you want to be the only one getting punished on track
    Ai dont serve penalties

Andi

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +359 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to be the only one, but I also don't want to completely give up this feature from real life. Drive through is more realistic of course, but it has its own problems.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    So you cut track along with 5 other ai , you do a drive through none of the ai do , your now 45 seconds behind the pack ......

Andi

8. Leto Tirdania

Leto Tirdania Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I am just trying to figure out how the sim works.

After some experiments with dedicated server I must say I cannot get it to give me either a slow-down or drive through penalty.
    It only gives me incidence points. I think its broken.

And yes, I did try with Flags set to complete. Didn't make a difference.

If anyone can get it to work please tell me how, I would like slow-down on my server.

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0 / -0
    Did you try it in a race or in a quali/practice sessions. In quali/practice the lap will just be invalid, in races you should get a slowdown when you cut enough/gain enough time by cutting

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Leto Tirdania

Leto Tirdania Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Oh, so its only if I gain time by cutting? Alright, thanks.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +359 / 0 / -0
    I don't see them cutting the track often. Honestly can't remember even one time where I looked at AI and thought "hey, he's cutting, that's not fair". So I wouldn't know that they aren't getting a DT when they should, rather assume that they are drive more clean than me.