Problem Not logging Start/Finish position in ranked multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CactusKurt, Feb 21, 2023.

1. CactusKurt

CactusKurt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Completed 20 ranked races. Every race logs a (-5) rating. Showing DNS for all 20 races.
    users/cactuskurt/

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Seems you are getting disconnected for some reason. Don´t do any more races or you´ll have a terrilble rep. Does this happen in non ranked servers too?

Are you by any chance joining servers from another continent (disconnect due to high ping). Do you get kicked from other session too?

3. CactusKurt

CactusKurt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't seem to be a connection issue. I finish the races and incur incident points.
    Yes, I've quit the ranked races for now. My rep was also going down (-1) per race with very few incidents.
    It may be logging my start position as #000?

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Do you complete qualifying and set a valid time? Do you start the race from your timed grid position or from the back or pitlane?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I heard of "DNS" problems before but they were like occasional ones. I think this one deserves a look from devs, 20 in a row is a consistent problem.

Edit: Ah, I see Chris already pinged J-F on Discord.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  6. CactusKurt

CactusKurt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've qualified for some races with a grid position. Started from the back on others.
    Completed and set a valid time in all but 2-3 races (stats include relative Best Lap Time). I receive a finishing position, but it's not logged.

7. CactusKurt

CactusKurt New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried, reinstalling and removing firewall. No success.
    Managed to get 2 races that logged start/finish. Not sure why. Didn't do anything differently.
    Still logging (-5) for every race with DNS.
    On my way to Rating/Rep of 0/0. Could be a 1st?
    This is the latest log file from Otter describing the lost connection...

Fatal|Ext.ReadBytesAsync|System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at WebSocketSharp.Ext.ReadBytesAsync(Stream stream, Int32 length, Action`1 completed, Action`1 error)
    3/11/2023 8:09:28 AM|Error|WebSocket.send|Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.