Question Track Sections and Areas Practice and Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chiller, May 27, 2023.

1. Chiller

Chiller New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where is a suggestion channel?
    Do we just post anywhere?
    ok ...

I was told to post here so, here it is.
    And there is no suggestion area here, just like there is no suggestion area on discord.

I would like to see some practice with on track sections/areas and then even see a track section challenges/competitions leaderboard.

~ Lets take Nords for example.
    There are many areas to practice on and its not fun to have to drive minutes to practice 1 turn or a certain area.
    And then it is not easy to go back to that section to try it again and esp. so if you have busted a shock or took damage elsewhere.
    One could easily hit reset and they would be back to the start point of the section/area that they want to practice.

This Nords track could be split up into many different sections and the players could click on a section and practice it over and over and it could even have the ghost option.
    Then you could take these many sections and have new challenges/competitions leaderboard on the sections/areas themselves instead of just the entire track.
    This could help players improve their times in sections/areas much easier.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That's the way we all learned it.
    Takes some time and effort.
    Challenge a driver slightly better or do some races.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    to do this we would need to create a driving school ; now for a track the size of imola that would needsubdividing and having about 20 extra track descriptor/text/dschool files based on how it was done previously in gtr2; now imagine what that would mean for nordschliefe and all its variation
    and of course remebering we dont have a driving school at the moment ; so that would need coding testing recoding and inserting

A driving school has been suggested a few times and im sure its on a list somewhere

Andi

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This feature sounds like it's smaller than a whole driving school and would take less time to develop. I mean, you can expand it, but the very basic is that you select a sector/section of a track and drive it like if it was a hillclimb track, with the only exception that the timer only starts once you pass a certain point on the track instead of after the green lights.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    I asked about this very early on in r3e's history and it was explained that way to me , maybe other options are there

Andi

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    For normal tracks I think it would be enough to use current sectors, but you would still need to add places where your car spawns. For Nords, having only 3 sectors isn't a great solution, but it's still better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1