Problem Email taken?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by KllrMllr1972, Aug 29, 2023.

1. KllrMllr1972

KllrMllr1972 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought RaceRoom earlier this month and participated in first time attack competition last week, at which time I confirmed my email. I did another time attack today, which went fine, but when I tried to do another (without ever closing the game), it asked to confirm email again and then told me my email was taken. I have only ever opened RR through Steam, so how is my email taken?

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    send link to your raceroom profile

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0

I have checked your forum account and found a match with a raceroom account that has purchased content this month and definitely has a validated email associated to it.

Was it maybe a temporary fluke? Can you close the game / restart it and see if it's a consistent error?

Thank you!

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @KllrMllr1972 - do you know someone called Ben? I wonder if you and Ben might have mixed up your steam accounts?

5. KllrMllr1972

KllrMllr1972 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This problem occurred while I was in the game. I was fine the first race, then had the problem while trying to get into the second race. While trying to fix it, I completely restarted my computer, but it was still telling me the same thing. Logging in just now, the problem seems to have gone away, at least for now.
    I do not know anyone named Ben.
    Thanks for looking into it.

6. KllrMllr1972

KllrMllr1972 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Happened again yesterday in the exact same way. Everything was good, I played a time attack, and when I left it, my email was taken and I can't get into any other comp events. I went back into game just now (about 12 hours later), and email is fine again.

I don't know if this has something to do with competing in an event, or if another user with a conflicting account is logging in while I am playing.