Problem email not recognised

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chris61, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Chris61

Chris61 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    When I want to take part in a competition, I'm asked to enter my email address, but nothing happens!
    In the account settings, I have the message email not yet activated and when I enter it, the message "email already used" appears!

What should I do?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, thank you @Maskerader

@Chris61 - I have looked at your account on the forum and what email is associated to it, then searched for game accounts with that email and found one. It seems to have been an old account of yours with no activity?

I've freed it up and now you should be able to use that email again.

4. Chris61

Chris61 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's right, it works.
    Thanks for your help!

5. powerracer

powerracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same issue as Chris61. What can be done to fix this?

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Found your old account the same way, and fixed it as well.
    Please try your email again in your new account :)

7. powerracer

powerracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much. I am now able to participate. I also have an issue where I am not able to do a single event or practice when I go to the single player menu. I used to be able to but I'm not sure when this became disabled.

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Can you post a screenshot? How are they disabled?

9. powerracer

powerracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Disabled may be the wrong description.
    I start the game, I choose Single Player and it goes to the single player menu and choose either single event or practice and it will act as if it is going to start and run let's say practice and I wait for it to load and as it seems it has loaded it kicks me back to the single player menu and I just keep going through this loop and am not able to get into practice. Just want to improve my driving before I go into a multiplayer race. Thanks.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    in steam right click on raceroom/ properties/installed files/ verify integrety

Andi

11. niismo

niismo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I have the same problem! Silly me not checking the most recent forum posts, here is what I wrote:
    "Hello everyone! Today in the morning, I did some Hotlaps on the Challenges tab of the game (which I have never done before). For that, I needed to provide an E-Mail which had to be activated. That I did, the E-Mail was activated at 3:30pm (GMT+1) on Nov. 25th 2023. Now suddenly, when I wanted to start the challenge with the Porsche Carrera Cup at Donington, the game wanted me to specify and activate my E-Mail all over again. It's like the game forgot I activated it, despite having connected it to my account already. Re-using that earlier E-Mail to re-confirm it again, does nothing and typing in that same E-Mail into the game to confirm it, only makes the game tell me, the E-Mail is already in use. Now I cannot partake in any further Challenge Hotlaps, despiting setting a time which set me in #142 in the MX5 at Indy just about an hour ago. Has somebody had this same issue before? How can I fix this?"
    So yeah, I need to get my E-Mail reset as well.

upload_2023-11-25_21-17-15.png