Performance compared to other Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lars Bachmann, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The excellent performance of RRRE was the first thing I noticed when I first raced a little over a month back. I have an older i7-2600K cpu oc 4.8ghz and a 980Ti. I was so happy to find I can run everthing absolutely maxxed in graphics on my 40inch screen at 3840x2160 resolution where it looks stunning. Have yet to load the new patch + Nords but hopeful it is still the same.

2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Even before the update it ran well for me. Racing the nord combined layout after the update I get mid high 60s - 90 fps. Always smooth with every setting maxed out.

I7 4790
    Asus gtx 960 overclocked
    16gb of ram

3. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the best performing sim for me, ultra gfx lots of cars..

i7 gtx 970 16bg ram. ultra wide.

actually funny thing AC, cars and rre run fine ultra (bar a few lower reflections) and AMS and rf2 struggles in replays/shadows etc etc

4. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't want to complain about the performance.
    I can rn R3E with more than 60 FPS with my GTX 750 and it does look quite decent..
    I was just wondering where these big performance differences are coming from (as I mentioned, twize as much FPS in iRacing than in R3E)
    Specs are:
    Intel Core i5 3470
    Nvidia GTX 750 2GB
    8GB Ram
    Win 10

Have a nice weekend;)

5. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I get kind of jealous when hearing what awesome systems you have :D
    It feels like the performance has been improved with the update (as Christian mentioned) and the Nordschleife looks astonishing even at mid settings.

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    id say u were running what was in effect lower settings in iracing. just cause iracing says medium doesn't mean its not closer to racerooms low setting.
    in the end of the day ur monitors 60 fps so any additional frames are just wasted and could be used to make the game look nicer. (although iracing is most likely better optimized as it has been around of many many years longer than r3e but in the end of the day the age was showing as well)

now iracing has moved to dx11 you will find it is much better with shadows and reflections nothing to do with optimization just a more modern graphics package

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016