Performance compared to other Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lars Bachmann, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys

I just asked myself what it is that makes r3e having such a bad performance? I don't want to making the game bad. I am a big fan of r3e. But compared to iRacing back in its DX9 days Raceroom has a really bad performance. For me it is like I get twize as much fps in iRacing with graphics settings maxed out and it looks almost as good as raceroom on mid to low settings.
    So what is it that makes raceroom so intese for the hardware?

Be patient for the coming update and see you on the Nords;)

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, quite difficult to answer as it runs very well on my system. So maybe it is something in your graphics-setting which you system doesn't like.

What are your System-Specs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    On single monitor, I can run 100% maxed out with silky smooth frame rates. I only noticed issues when running 5760x1080, but even that got fixed up in last year or so. I think the game runs pretty nicely these days. I do recall swapping a mobo, of all things, and it fixing a bunch of stuttering I was having at Sonoma.

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You have a 980ti, if R3E didn't run smooth on that (combined with a strong i5), I'd be concerned! :p

I run R3E just about maxed out, most circuits are 45-60fps with a full grid (on current build as of 30/03/16) but I do have some stutter issues at certain tracks in specific locations which appear to be due to some CPU limitations.

System specs in sig.

5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I run it with an old 660 ti on a 21:9 3440*1440 screen, I mostly have around +90FPS, and only have 1 or 2 spot (SPA, Monza, etc) were it falls under 65 FPS ..
    And I don't have to made lots of concession on the graphics quality.

So for me: it run pretty great :rolleyes:

6. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    i noticed, even with a good AMD cpu like my fx8350 overclocked it is sometimes hard to get stable 60fps with full grid and settings between medium and maxed out. These older engines works better on an intel cpu.

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Everything works better on Intel CPUs (i-series at least) at the moment.... Roll on October-November and Zen... better be as good as they're making it out to be! lol

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Touche! :D Although I will say it was the same story with 290x, about 20% less oomph. Last i remember with triple screens (i'll be back on 3x40" monitors soon :cool:) even sonoma was doing great pretty much at max settings. But again, some usually unrelated hardware changes made a difference with my rig so I don't necessarily doubt the OP's issues.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    These two updates should improve performance significantly. I am able to run much higher settings (especially shadows) than before.

10. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    running 7680 x 1440p with a single 290x at >60fps but with shadows at medium.

11. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I'm running Assetto Corsa on max settings....can't run RRE at all after the update despite paying for the new content....

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Thats actually pretty impressive.

I'm working, can't play R3E yet, living vicariously through the forum

13. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Its a highly overclocked 290x though, with modded bios. About 25% faster than stock. At stock, the game would play around 50fps instead of >60

used to be with 2x 290x in crossfire until one of the patches disabled the trick we were using to play with crossfire.

14. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I have a 750M 1GB (running Boot Camp on an iMac) and play it at 1600x900 on medium (with light shafts on) and the game runs at a solid 60 fps with 20 cars. The paddock at Spa drops it down to the 40-50s, but turning track detail to low puts it back to 60.

I'm really satisfied with R3E's performance, and am looking forward to seeing if today's update has any effect.

15. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    This update has given me huge gains not to mention smoothing out the shadows.

Just did a couple of laps at Green Hell with 29 cars...so far butter smooth, all on Ultra on only a GTX 970.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am using a Titan X at 1080p. Before the update, at max graphical settings I never dropped below 60fps vsync, even in replays, ever.
    Since the update, it is pretty much the same although in replays I have seen the framerate drop to 55fps on a couple of turns where the cars are bunched up. This could be with the extra cars on the track as I am racing with 47 as opposed to less cars before the update......roll on Pascal Titan is all I can say, a day one purchase for me :)

17. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    What in the world happened in 3 hours to go from "I can't run this at all" to "butter smooth on ultra" o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    and nither is probably true.

the first post says iracing ran better on dx9 than r3e did. i can say quite confidently that this is complete bulls*** i have run both games and you can see my specs in my sig. both games ran fine on almost min settings (r3e just looks and sounds better).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0

My guess would be that the network calmed down after the madness that is "Update day" which allowed the game to work :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    that made me wonder too and was the reason I've asked for the settings.

There are/were some a few power-consuming options in R3E's Graphics-Settings like Shadow and Reflections. In addition R3E is set to Window-Mode per default which should be changed to Full-Screen if possible to gain some frames... Than disabling vsync ingame and activating it in the Graphiccard-Driver can gain some fps...

• Agree Agree x 1